Chapter 47

I woke up and noticed Adam was gone. I grabbed my phone to check the time noticed it was almost noon. I put my phone down and looked over at Claire's air mattress she wasn't there. I got out of bed and fed my birds. As I was feeding my birds I heard footsteps like someone was running I just ignored it and put some treats in my birds cage. I closed the cage then went downstairs.

Claire's pov
*earlier*
I woke up to Adam tripping over the corner of my air mattress.

"Nice going Adam tripping on my mattress." I laughed.

"Sorry." Adam said.

"It's fine." I said as Anita walked in.

"Is Jacklynn still asleep?" She whispered putting clothes in Jacklynn's closet.

"Yep still asleep." I replied.

"Good you two come downstairs in two minutes and try not to wake her up." She said then walked out.

"Do you know what that's all about?" I whispered to Adam.

"No but we'll find out." He said.

We waited two minutes then went downstairs. We got to the living room where Anita was sitting on the couch and Brian goes to open the door. Roger comes in holding a box with holes poked into it.

"Hi Claire." Roger said.

"Hello..." I said.

I don't know how he knows me that was the first time I've met him that I know of.

"Jacklynn is still sleeping right?" Brian asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Good." Brian said.

We all went into the kitchen and Roger put the box down on the table. I start hearing scratching and whimpering from inside the box. Roger opens it and a puppy with a pink bow jumps out of it running around on the table.

"Aww how cute is it for Jacklynn?" I asked.

"Of course." Brian said. "You know what happened to her cat right?"

"Yeah Adam told me." I replied.

"Do you know if she would like her?" Roger asked grabbing the dog and putting it back in the box. "She said she wanted a Pomeranian."

"Oh yeah she will totally love her." I said.

"Claire can you go see if Jacklynn is awake?" Brian asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied.

"Don't let her see you." Brian said.

"Okay." I said walking out of the kitchen and going upstairs and peaked into Jacklynn's room.

I saw her getting out of bed and going to her birds. I ran downstairs and back into the kitchen.

"She's awake she's feeding her birds she should be down in a few minutes." I said.

"Good." Brian said. "Everyone cover the box get in front of it."

We all stood in front of the box and waited for Jacklynn to come in.

Back to Jacklynn's pov
I walked into the kitchen and saw Anita, Adam, Brian, and Claire standing in front of the table just looking at me.