Chapter 58

I woke up and noticed one of my rings was missing. I felt under my pillow for it but it wasn't there. I looked at Adam and saw he had woken up.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi baby." He said. "Good morning."

"Good morning love." I said.

"Have you noticed one of your rings is missing?" He asked.

"Yeah I noticed it when I woke up." I replied. "It was the one I would use to pretend like I was married to Johnny Depp."

"I took it off of your finger when you were asleep." Adam said.

"When did you do that?" I asked.

"I think it was three days ago." Adam said.

"Then how did I just now find out it was missing...?" I said. "Anyways why did you take it?"

"To see what size ring to get." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He took out a small red velvet box from under the pillow and sat up. I sat up and watched him open the lid. He looked up at me as he took out an emerald ring.

"This is a promise that I'll love you forever and that I'll never leave you, no matter what people say about us I'll always love you." He said as he placed the ring where my other one was.

"It's so pretty." I said. "Emerald."

"Yeah." He said.

"That's my birthstone." I said.

"I know." He said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said.

"Jacklynn do you know how to solve mysteries?" Brian asked walking into my room.

"Yeah I love mysteries and and solving crimes." I replied. "Why do you ask?"

"A shooting happened not to far from here and they want you to-."

"Yes I'll do it!" I said. "I've always wanted to solve a crime."

"How did you know what I was gonna say?" Brian asked.

"Oh I guess I just knew." I laughed.

"I'm coming with you." Adam said.

"Of course you are." I giggled.

"That's fine then." Brian said. "Roger will meet us there."

"Cool I'm gonna get ready." I said getting out of bed.

"I'll be downstairs." Brian said then walked out of my room.

"I'm gonna get ready too." Adam said getting up. "I'll be back."

He walked out of my room as I went to my closet. I picked out a pair of jeans and black shirt with a star and a red hoodie. I got dressed and put on my converse. I brushed my hair and put on my sunglasses like a headband. I grabbed my phone and stuck it in my pocket as Adam walked in.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep." I said.

We walked downstairs and saw Brian, Anita, and Crypta sitting on the couch.

"Are you guys ready?" Brian asked.

"Yeah." I said.

We walked outside to the car and headed to the place the shooting happened. When we got to the place we saw police cars and people standing around curious on what had happened. We saw Roger and got out of the car. He walked over to us along with a police and he handed us gloves so we wouldn't get our finger prints on anything.