Chapter 71

I woke up to someone licking my face. I opened my eyes and saw Poppy.

"Poppy what are you doing?" I asked.

"Adam told me to come wake you." Poppy barked.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"In the kitchen." Poppy said.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Brian said it was 11." Poppy barked.

"Is it really?" I asked grabbing Adam's phone. "11:57 it's almost 12."

I got out of bed and looked through my closet.

"Poppy go and tell Adam that I'll be down in a minute." I said. "I know I'm the only one that can understand you but you can find a way to tell him."

"Okay." Poppy said as she ran out of my room.

I changed out of my pyjamas and put on my black sundress. I walked out of my room went downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hi baby." Adam said kissing my head.

"Hey." I said giving him a hug.

Adam and I sat down at the table and Anita put a plate of pancakes down in front of me.

"I'm not really hungry." I said pushing the plate away.

"You dont have to eat it if you don't want to." Anita said. "Adam can eat it."

"I'll share it with you." Adam said.

"But I don't want any." I said.

"Can you at least eat a little?"

"I don't want to eat anything." I said.

"Baby please eat something for me." Adam said.

"Okay fine." I said as I grabbed a fork.

Adam and I ate then went into the living room. We sat down and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Jackie I made you some tea." Anita said.

"I don't want any." I said.

"How about you take one little sip then I'll take it back to the kitchen for you to drink later." Anita said.

"Okay." I said getting up and walking towards Anita.

She handed me the tea I took a sip from it and gave it back to her. She went back to the kitchen but I stayed standing there without moving.

“Jackie.” I heard Jane say.

I turned around and saw Jane in her superhero costume.

“Jane wow you look cool.” I said. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to get you there’s an alien invasion I need your help I don’t have the powers you have.” Jane said.

“I don’t think I-.” I said.

“She can’t go anywhere.” Adam said.

Jane walked towards Adam and I just starred at them looking at each other.

“She’s coming with me.” Jane said.

“I’m not gonna let you take her you can’t make me.” Adam said.

“I know.” Jane said. “But she can.”

“Adam I’m leaving.” I said walking towards him. “I have to go she needs my help.”

“I can’t let you go Scar could find you and take you away.” Adam said. “Plus you’re pregnant.”

“Babe I’ll be fine I have powers if Scar finds me he can’t take me and if he does I can teleport I’ll find my way back to you.”