Chapter 19

I wake up to a loud buzzing sound. I look at the time on my phone it's 3:30 in the morning.

"Do you hear that?" Adam asks startling me.

"Oh my god Adam you scared me!"

"Oh sorry."

"It's okay but yeah I hear it, it sounds like an alarm clock." I say turning on the flashlight on my phone.

"Jackie I don't think you need the flashlight, the brightness on your phone is enough. Don't you ever put the brightness down?" Adam asks.

"I do but it just goes back up by itself." I say turning off my flashlight.

"It stopped."Adam says. "Can we go back to sleep now?"

"Yeah let's go back to sleep." I say still holding on to my phone.

I was just about to doze off to sleep when Adam tapped my shoulder.

"Jackie." Adam says.

"Yes Adam?"

"Why are you facing away from me?"

"Cause this way is more comfortable."

"Can you face me?" Adam asks tapping on my shoulder again. "Please?"

"Yeah I guess." I say as I turned to face Adam. "Why do we have to share a bed anyways? I mean I don't mind but I'm just curious."

"Because you have a big bed and Brian wants me to sleep here with you to look after you." Adam says.

"That makes sense he has to stick to my dad's promise." I say giggling. "We should get to sleep."

"Yeah let's get to sleep." Adam says. "...Jackie?"

"Whatever it is Can it Wait?"

"Yeah sure."

"Good..."

I wasn't able to go back to sleep but I closed my eyes and started fantasising about stuff until I eventually fell asleep with my phone still in my hand.

I woke up to the sun shining through my window and notice my phone in my hand. I check the time and see it's 7:45. I look beside me and see Adam still asleep. I poke him on the nose and he wakes up.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Jackie." Adam says stretching.

"Did you hear that?" I asked hearing a chirp.

"Hear what?"

"That!" I say hearing the chirp again. I look at my birds cage and see them. "My birds are here!"

"You're birds?"

"My budgies!" I say getting out of bed and opening the cage and getting Kiwi out. "Hi Kiwi I missed you so much." I said as he chirped.

"Can they talk?" Adam asks coming towards me.

"They can't but if they could they would sound a little robotic."

"How do you know that if they haven't talked?"

"I watched a video on YouTube of one talking." I say as Michaela flies out of the cage and lands on Adam's shoulder. "Careful with her she bites."

"Can you get her off of me?"

"Yeah just let me put Kiwi back." I say as Kiwi flies back in the cage. "Okay, come on Mickie." I say as she hops on my finger and flies in the cage and I close it.

"Thank you. I thought she was gonna bite my ear off." Adam says as I shut the cage.

"So you got your birds." Roger says coming into my room.