Chapter 10

It took at least 24 hours to get from Alabama to London, and it was terrifying flying in a plane We went to a store by a pub to get a few snacks then finally got to Brian's and Anita's house and it is so cool. The inside is amazing.

"Go on up stairs and check out your room the door has a J on it. I'll be up in a few." Brian says. I nod and head upstairs.

I go upstairs and see a piano in the hallway and start to randomly play it for a while.

"That's Freddie's piano" Brian says startling me.

"Is it really?"

"Yeah" he says. "Do you play?"

"Kind of I've been wanting to. I have a piano app on my phone if that counts."

"Yeah, I suppose it does, and sorry for scaring you. Come on your room is over here."

He opens the door and I walk in, It's huge. Its not too big but for a small person like me it's pretty big.

"Wow..."

"Do you like it?"

"Don't you think it's a little too big?"

"It's not that big, Jackie. But, if you don't like it then I can..."

"Oh no no no. I love it. It's great."

"Good..."

"Do you think I can fit a slide in here?" I say putting my suitcase on the bed and letting Delilah out of her carrying cage.

"You probably could."

"yeah maybe....I have to unpack"

"Oh, your parents are gonna send your other stuff later on."

"Yeah, I was wondering about that."

"Come downstairs when you finish unpacking, we have stuff to talk about."

"Okay. Thanks, Bri"

I open a door thinking it's a bathroom but it ends up being a closet.

"Oh thank god there's hangers in here." I say as I go to unzipp my suitcase. Which I don't know how my parents managed to get me a suitcase I didn't think they could even afford one they are pretty expensive.

I made my bed with red sheets that was in my suitcase, which I'm pretty sure mum packed, everything of hers is red it always has to be red. I pull out a red ruffled looking blanket from the suitcase but it ended up being a curtain.

"What the heck?" I say as I throw the curtain in my closest. "I am not using that."

I finished unpacking everything when I noticed something on the table next to my bed. It looked like a button.

"Is this a button?" I say as I push it. "Whoa, It is a button."

All of a sudden I hear something behind me. I look back and its a secret door that had opened. I slowly walked towards it and noticed it was another room.

"Oh.My.God." I said in awe. "This is amazing. I'm loving it here more and more.... I gotta get downstairs."

I pushed the button to close the door and run downstairs.

"Brian? Anita?!"

"In the kitchen."

I go into the kitchen and Brian and Anita are sitting at the table.

"Do you like your room?" Anita asks.

"I love it."

"Did you find the secret room?" Brian asks.

"I did."

"What do you think of it?"

"It's awesome." I reply as I sit down at the table with them. "You said you needed to talk to me about something?"

"Yes, but first do you have any questions?" Brian asks.

"I do actually, how did you get my parents to let me move here?"

"The day we left I called your dad and asked him if you could move in with us and they were okay with it."

"Wait, they knew this whole time? And how did you get my dad's phone number?"

"They did and I got it when I took your phone to put my number in."

"Oh okay. But, they probably got tired of me telling them about wanting to move to London." I said.

"Maybe." Brian says as he chuckles. "I picked Friday to go and get you and your dad said Friday was perfect since it was your birthday."

"Did Grace know about this too?"

"She did."

"And they didn't tell me?"

"That's the thing, I told them not to, I wanted it to be a surprise."

"I was definitely surprised. I'll have to text Claire later." I say checking the time on my phone. "Now, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?

"Oh right, You don't have to ask us for permission to do what you have to do around here this is your home now you do what you need to do."

"I know thank you."

"But if you want to go out you have to ask us first. We have to know where you are and who you're with, you understand?"

"Yes, I understand."

"Oh and the only way your mum would let you move in with us is if you promised to go to church every Sunday."

"Okay that's fine. I just have to find a church."

"We can help with that."

"Okay, Thank you."

"Are you hungry, Jackie?" Anita asks.

"Yes I am."

"Good lets eat."

After we ate, I helped Anita clean up then went into the living room. I was beginning to fall asleep when Brian wakes me.

"Jackie." He says poking my forehead.

"Hmm." I mumbled and sat up.

"You should go to your bed."

"No thanks I'll stay here for a little bit."

"I never asked you did you have a great birthday yesterday?"

"Yesterday? I thought it was still my birthday."

"No, it's Saturday now, and also time for bed."

"Wow this whole time zone thing has gotten me messed up." I say getting up and going to my room. "Good night, Bri. Good night, Anita."

"Good night, Jackie."

"Good night, dear."

I got into bed with Delilah laying next to me I stroked her soft fur until I fell fast asleep.

This one probably the shortest chapter. Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes. Next chapter will be up tomorrow if not than maybe soon. Thanks for reading.