Chapter 23

I woke up to the sun shining through my window and hitting my face. I got up expecting to see Adam beside me, but he wasn't there. I noticed I was wearing Adam's jacket and smiled. I put on my ring and necklace and got out of bed. I fed Delilah and my birds and went downstairs.

I went into the living room, and the kitchen and there was no one around. I went upstairs and peaked into Brian's and Anita's room and saw they were still asleep.

"What time is it?" I said to myself checking my watch and heading back to my room. "6:37? It's so early."

I turned on my tv grabbed an empty journal and started writing a song. Since Brian got me a record deal I should probably start writing my own songs. I wrote songs before but they were more like poems. I wrote until Brian came into my room.

"Hey Jackie."

"Hello, Bri."

"What are you writing?" Brian asked.

"Just a song. I actually started writing it years ago but I lost the journal it was in."

"You could just do Queen songs for your first album."

"But wouldn't that be copyrighted?"

"Not if I play the guitar for you and Roger plays drums."

"Then wouldn't that just be Queen + Jacklynn?" I ask.

"Oh right." Brian says. "How about you choose a few Queen songs written by me and you can do covers of them."

"Okay. You'll still be playing guitar for me, right? I don't really know how to play that good."

"You could watch a video on YouTube of a tutorial I did or you can learn from me."

"Are you kidding? I wanna learn from you. Watching a tutorial on YouTube is fine but actually learning from you would be awesome."

"Whenever you want just ask and I'll be right there to teach you."

"Okay. Can I still work on my song?"

"Sure, would you want to change your name?" Brian asked.

"Change my name...? My real name?"

"No... well yes but no."

"The guardian journal says you want your stage name to be..."

"Jane Butterfly."

"Do you want that to be your stage name?"

"I do... now what were you saying about my name?"

"Nothing will change just your last name. I know your last name but you don't like it, am I right?"

"Yes that's right.... where are you going with this?"

"How about you have your last name legally changed to May, what do you think?"

"Really? Oh my god yes. I would love that."

"Good cause it's already been done." Brian says.

"Really? I'm officially Jacklynn May?"

"It's official."

"Oh my god yes!" I say hugging Brian. "Wait when did this happen?"

"A couple of days ago." Brian says. "The day I brought you your guitar."

"Oh my god. I gotta change it on my Instagram, my Twitter, my Facebook... maybe I should just make a new Facebook..."

"Jacklynn!"

"What...? Oh sorry." I say.

"It's okay dear. Now come on we have to go to the studio."

"The studio? I have to change."