Chapter 33

I woke up and felt an itch on my ankle. I went  to scratch and saw the gauze wrapped around it and groaned. I got out of bed and hopped to my birds cage to feed them when Adam walked in. He picked me up and laid me back on my bed.

"You shouldn't be walking without your crutches." Adam said.

"But I have to feed my birds." I say sitting up. "And Delilah too."

"Don't worry I'll feed them." Adam says taking the small bowl out of the cage scoops up some bird food and puts it back in the cage.

"How do you know how to-."

"I've seen you feed them before." Adam says closing the cage.

"Leave the cage open they might want to come out." I say grabbing my phone. "They need daily flying time."

"Okay, now where's your cat?" Adam asks.

"Just shake the cat food bag she should come running at you." I say as he shakes the bag.

Delilah comes out of under the bed and runs to Adam, he pours the cat food in her bowl and she starts eating.

"So what do you wanna do?" Adam asks.

"Maybe we could-." I started but was cut off by Brian walking in with a box.

"Jackie this came for you." He says setting the box down on my bed.

"Oh it must be what my dad was gonna give me." I say sliding the box towards me.

I open the box and see another box wrapped in unicorn wrapping.

"Oh wow." I say pulling out the wrapped box. "It's a present."

I ripped off a bit of the wrapping and saw the apple logo. I gasped and covered it back up with the wrapping.

"There is no way dad could have actually been able to afford this, I've literally begged him for this but I knew he wasn't able to afford it." I said. "I can't believe he actually spent his money on this, oh my god I'm gonna cry."

"Don't cry." Adam said.

"What is it?" Brian asked.

"A MacBook Pro." I replied taking the wrapping off.

"Anita and I was planning on getting you one but I guess we won't anymore." Brian said as I giggled.

I opened the box and gently took out the laptop when a piece of paper fell out. I grabbed the paper and it was a Walmart receipt.

"Oh my god he spent so much money on this." I say looking at the receipt. "It was $530 that's more than what he gets paid in a week, unless he started working for someone else.

"Maybe he did start working for someone else." Adam says.

"Maybe..." I say putting the receipt down.

I open the laptop and see a paper I grab the paper and read it.

Hey Jackie I set up everything for you so all you have to do is put in your Apple ID I just got a new laptop too but it's not a MacBook I hope you enjoy your new laptop.
                                                    -Your sis Grace

I turn it on and the apple logo pops up. The first thing it asks for is the WiFi password. I put in the password then my Apple ID and everything was ready to go.

"I'm gonna FaceTime my sister." I say as I go to the FaceTime icon.

"I have to go." Brian says checking his watch.