Chapter 39

I woke up and just laid in bed listening to the ticking of a clock but there was no clock anywhere. I look over at Adam and notice he's still asleep. I look at the time on my phone it's 2:30 am. I got out of bed and looked out of the window. No cars on the road. I looked at a flickering street light and starred at it for a while. I heard rustling behind me and turned around. Adam had woken up.

"Jackie what are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

I got back into bed as he went back to sleep. I grabbed my phone and checked the time when I was startled by a knock at the door. I ignored it and went back to sleep.

~~~

I woke up at 7 and something didn't feel right. I got out of bed and changed out of my pyjamas. I grabbed my phone and put it in the front pocket of my backpack. I went back into the room and woke up Adam.

"Adam." I said said shaking him awake. "Adam wake up."

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I wanna go home something doesn't feel right." I replied.

"Well okay let's-." Adam started but was cut off by his phone ringing. "It's Brian."

I walked out of the room and grabbed my backpack. A few minutes later Adam walked out of the room with his stuff.

"We gotta go." Adam said. "Right now."

Adam grabbed my hand and we ran out of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Brian will explain everything later." Adam replied.

We went into an elevator and Adam pushed the button for the first floor. We got out and I noticed everyone running out of the hotel. Adam turned in the room key and we ran out of the hotel and headed home.

When we got home Brian and Anita was sitting on the couch. I sat down on the rocking chair as Adam sat down on the other rocking chair.

"What was going on at the hotel?" I asked. "Everyone was leaving."

"They found a bomb in the hotel." Brian said.

"What? How do you know?" I asked.

"It was on the news when I turn on the tv." Anita replied.

"Jacklynn it's like you knew this was gonna happen." Adam said.

"What? How?" I asked.

"You said something didn't feel right." Adam said.

"Oh my god that's right." I said taking my phone out of my backpack. "Do you think anyone noticed us?"

"It's possible." Adam replied.

"I'm going to my room." I said standing up and heading upstairs.

"Delilah is laying on your bed." Anita said. "Make sure not to touch her."

"Alright got it." I said.

I walked into my room Delilah is on my bed and my birds are chirping. I threw my backpack on the ground and went to my birds and fed them. I looked in Delilah's food bowl and noticed a little bit of food in it but I still poured more food in her bowl. I heard Delilah meowing and about to jump off the bed when I ran to her and helped her off. She ran to her food bowl and started eating.

I grabbed my laptop and sat down on my bed. I logged onto my Facebook and noticed I had new friend requests from people I didn't know. My Facebook is only for people I knew personally so I declined the requests and logged out of Facebook. I grabbed my phone and refreshed and I'm still logged in on my phone. I always feel like if I log out of my Facebook on another device it'll log out of it on my phone too. I closed my laptop and went back downstairs into the living room.