Chapter 42

I woke up and looked around the sun was coming through the curtains making the room look a light purple colour. I sat up and check the time. It was 7:10 so I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep but that wasn't gonna happen. I grabbed my phone and looked through my camera roll. All pictures of my favourite celebrities. I kept going through when I came to a selfie of Brian and I.  I looked at it for a while when Roger walked in.

"Hi Jacklynn good morning." Roger said.

I got out of my camera roll and put my phone down.

"Good morning Rog."

"What were you doing?" He asked.

"Just looking at my pictures." I replied.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Not really but I guess I should eat." I replied.

I got out of bed and followed Roger to the kitchen. I sat down at the table and Roger puts a plate of waffles with fruit on the table in front of me. I picked up the fork and just rolled a grape around. Roger sat down across from me and just looked at me.

"Jacklynn- Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"You are not fine Jacklynn you're crying, what's wrong?" Roger asked.

I pushed the waffles away and put my head down on the table. I heard Roger get up and sit in the chair beside me.

"Jackie." He says playing with my hair. "Please tell me what's wrong."

I didn't say anything I just kept my head down on the table and cried.

"You miss Brian don't you?" He asked.

I raised my head up from the table and nodded he hugged me as I hugged him back.

"He'll be back soon." Roger says.

"He's been gone for three days I don't think I've been away from him this long." I said. "When is he coming back?"

"I don't know he didn't say." Roger replied. "You can eat your waffles later if you'd like."

I nodded and went to the living room and sat down on the couch. A few minutes later Roger walked out of the kitchen turned on the tv and sat down beside me. I laid my head on his shoulder and cried.

"You really do miss him." He said. "I know something that would make you happy another adventure."

"But I don't have any adventuring stuff." I said. "And my backpack is ruined."

"I have some stuff for you come on it's in my room." Roger said walking to his room.

"Your room." I said following him. "I don't think I've been in your room, then again I've only been here for three days."

We walked into his room and I sat down on his bed. He grabbed what looked like a gift bag. He poured out the stuff from the bag then sat down on the bed.

"There's more than this but I'll show you all of this first." He says picking up a shiny purple ball. "This is some kind of orb I don't know what it does it came with instructions but it looks like shapes and scribbles I couldn't read it I thought you could decipher it.

"Cool." I say taking the orb and the instructions. "I love how the instructions looks like a scroll."

I put down the instructions and looked at the orb. I rubbed it with my thumb when I saw it glow and saw a purple puff of smoke inside. I looked at Roger to see if he noticed it but he was looking at something else. I put the orb down as he handed me a pen.