Chapter 34

I woke up at 8:03 and took off the gauze from my ankle. It looked better. I got out of bed and walked around. My ankle still hurt a little. I limped to my birds cage and fed them then fed Delilah and went back to my bed. I looked over at Adam and he was still asleep. I ran my fingers through his hair and he woke up.

"Hi." I said patting his head.

"Good morning." He says sitting up. "How's your ankle?"

"It looks better." I replied. "It only hurts a little when I walk."

"I feel like knitting." I say grabbing a box out of under my bed.

"You know how to knit?" Adam asks.

"Of course I do."

"Since when?"

"Since last Christmas when my dad bought me knitting needles I already had the yarn." I replied.

"How did you learn?" Adam asks.

"From a tutorial on YouTube."

I grab a ball of some yarn and knitting needles and I noticed I was in the middle of making a scarf.

"Oh I forgot about this." I say lifting up the unfinished scarf. "I forgot I haven't knitted since last year."

"Do you think you still know how?" Adam asks.

"Of course I do." I replied finishing the scarf. "Do you want it?"

"The scarf?"

"No the ball of yarn, yes the scarf. Do you want it?"

"Sure."

"Cool cause I just finished it." I say putting the scarf on Adam. "It looks good on you."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, now where's my fabric?"

"Fabric?"

"Yeah I had a lot of fabric." I replied. "I guess I don't anymore."

"I'm gonna go get something to eat." Adam says.

"Okay I'll be here." I say grabbing my laptop "I wish I had a sewing machine."

"I have one." Anita says walking into my room. "You can have it that is if you want it of course."

"Yeah that would be great."

"I'll go get it I'll be right back." Anita says and walks out of my room.

I went through my instagram on my laptop when Anita came back with the sewing machine.

"Here it is." Anita says setting it on a desk.

"Thanks, now I can fix my pillow."

"You're welcome dear. Come downstairs when you finish I'll have some macaroni and cheese made for you." Anita says then walks out of my room.

I fixed my pillow then started working on something else. When I finished I changed my clothes then went downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hi Jackie nice outfit." Anita says.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Here's your macaroni." She says setting it down on the table. I sat down and started eating.

"Why are you wearing a jester costume?" Adam asked.

"Where did you get a jester costume?" Brian asked.

"I made it." I replied.

"You made that?" Adam asked.

"Mhm." I nod.