Chapter 84

*Adam's POV*

"She's gone." Jane said.

"What?" I said.

"Her skin is ice cold." Jane said. "Like really really cold."

Jane moved out of the way and I headed upstairs. I walked into our room to see Jacklynn laying on the bed with Anita, Brian, Crypta, and Roger sitting around her tears in their eyes. I walked up to her and put my hand on her cheek then touche her arm. She is really cold like she was locked in a freezer.

"So she's actually-." I said as I felt tears in my eyes.

"Dead." Roger said.

"But how?" I asked as I felt tears roll down my face. "She can't be I thought she couldn't die. You should've taken her to the R.A.N hospital."

"All of the R.A.N headquarters and hospitals around the world had to be shut down for a while and all the R.A.N members had to be on suspension." Roger said. "There was nothing we could've done."

I ran out of the room and Anita and Brian followed me out. I walked downstairs into the living room and sat down on the couch with Jane. Anita and Brian sat down with us. None of us saying a word.

"I can't believe I lost my best friend." Jane finally spoke up. "She was like a sister to me."

"This is my fault." I said.

"What makes you think this was your fault?" Jane asked.

"I shouldn't have left." I said. "If I would've stayed she would still be here."

"Adam this wasn't your fault." Anita said.

"You guys didn't even bother on calling anyone or actually taken her to an actual hospital?" I asked.

"They wouldn't have been able to do anything." Brian said.

"Normal doctors don't know how to treat the R.A.N." Anita said.

"Yeah Jacklynn was a superhuman normal doctors wouldn't know what to do." Jane said.

We heard running upstairs and saw Crypta run down the stairs.

"Roger found a pulse!" Crypta said.

"What?!" We all said as we ran upstairs.

We ran into Jacklynn's room and saw Roger sticking wires on her then looked down at a tablet.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Well...she's alive." Roger said.

"Yes!" We all exclaimed.

"But she was dead." Roger said.

"But she's back?" Jane asked.

"Yeah she's okay now." Roger said. "We just have to wait for her to wake up, it could take days or weeks."

"So she's in a coma again." I said getting on the bed next to her.

"Basically yeah." Roger said. "But who knows maybe she'll wake up in an hour or so."

"What caused this anyways?" I asked.

"I'm guessing it was the anklet." Roger said holding it for us to look at. "She let out a really deep breath after I took it off of her that's when I checked her pulse and I felt her start to warn up."

"So that thing killed her?" Jane asked.

"Well in a way yes." Roger said.

Jane cut off her anklet dropped it on the ground and stomped on it smashing it to pieces.