Chapter 15

I woke up to the sun shining into my room I checked the time on my phone it was 8:30am. I put on my ring and necklace and got out of bed. I checked Delilah's food bowl and saw that she had already been fed. I went into the living room and kitchen and no one was there. I went into Brian and Anita's room and they wasn't in there.

"Where are they?" I said to myself as I went back into my room.

I sat on my bed for a few minutes until I noticed a note beside my phone. I grabbed the note it read

I ripped out another piece of paper out of your journal sorry I hope you don't mind. Anita and I went to take Roger to the airport we'll be back as soon as possible. See you soon.
-Bri

"Wow..."

I put the note in my journal and went into Brian and Anita's room and laid in their bed for awhile. I got out of their bed and checked their closet and I saw Brian's clogs. I grabbed the white ones and slid them on.

"I'll bring them back before Brian comes back." I said as I walk out of their room. I opened a random door and noticed it was Brian's office. I walked in and sat down in a spinning chair and I started spinning around until I heard a car door close. I looked out the window and saw Brian and Anita coming into the house. I ran out of Brian's office, put Brian's clogs back where they were and ran into my room grabbed my journal and pretended like I was in the middle of writing.

"Hi Jacklynn." Brian says walking into my room.

"Oh, hi Bri. Where's Anita?"

"She's downstairs. We got a surprise for you come on." Brian says walking out of my room as I follow behind him.

We walked into the kitchen where Anita was putting stuff in the fridge. She sees Brian and I walk into the kitchen and sit down at the table she gets a gift bag out of a cupboard and puts it on the table in front of me.

"That's for you." Anita says.

"What is it?"

"Open it and find out." Brian replied.

I open the bag and pull out a box. I open the box and find purple cat ear headphones.

"Wow..." I breathed.

"Do you like them?" Brian asks.

"I...I love them, how did you know I needed headphones?"

"Well we haven't seen you use your earbuds in a while so I thought maybe you needed new ones."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Brian and Anita says in unison.

"I'm going upstairs."

"Why?"

"I have to clean my room. I'll be back when I finish."

"Alright." Brian says as I walk out of the kitchen and head upstairs into my room.

I turned on the Queen playlist I made on YouTube and started cleaning. I start putting up some of my journals in a bookshelf when Brian walks in.

"Do you need this?" He asks as he holds up a vacuum.

"Oh yes I do. Where do I put it when I'm done with it?"

"Just leave it somewhere I'll come get it."

"Okay thanks, Bri."

"You're welcome, dear."

I folded my blanket and fixed my stuffed animals then plugged in the vacuum and started vacuuming, or should I say hoovering. When I finished I unplugged the vacuum and put it beside my door. I put up the rest of my journals on a shelf then sat down on my bed and opened my new headphones. I heard something behind me I looked the vacuum was gone. I shrugged it off, grabbed my phone and plugged my new headphones into it.