Chapter 69

I woke up to someone's hand on my stomach. I looked at Adam and saw him looking back at me.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hey." I whispered back.

"Sorry I woke you." Adam said.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"1:30." Adam said.

"Roger is supposed to come get me at 3." I said. "It's too early."

"It's late for me." Adam said. "I haven't slept yet, you wanna go outside?"

"But it's night." I said sitting up. "My mum has always told me to never go outside at night Brian and Anita told me the same thing."

"We can sneak out Brian and Anita don't have to know." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Let's go."

Adam and I walked out of my room went downstairs and sneaked out of the front door. We laid down on the grass and looked up at the stars.

"There's so many stars out." I said. "Beautiful."

"Like you." Adam said as I looked at him and smiled.

I started to feel sick so I sat up.

"You okay?" Adam asked.

"Yeah." I said taking a deep breath. "I just feel nauseous."

"You wanna go back in?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Let's go." Adam said.

"I feel like I'll puke if I get up." I said looking down.

Adam picked me up and we went back inside. He sat me down on the couch and I laid down.

"I'll be right back." Adam whispered.

"God please let me be okay." I whispered.

"You'll be okay you're in my hands I won't let anything bad happen to you." I heard God say.

I smiled and sat up as Adam walked out of the kitchen.

"I brought you some tea." He said.

He gave me the tea and turned on a lamp. He sat down beside me and put his arm around me. I took a sip of my tea then laid my head on his chest.

"Will you be okay to go to wherever Roger is taking you?" He asked.

"Yeah I think I'll be okay." I said. "Can you promise me something?"

"Sure." Adam said.

"Promise me you'll go to sleep when Roger comes for me." I said.

"I will I promise." Adam said.

I finished my tea and Adam took the cup to the kitchen. I got up and walked around the living room. Adam walked out of the kitchen and saw me walking around.

"Are you okay?" Adam asked.

"Yeah but it feels like there's something on my back do you see anything?" I said turning around.

"Nope nothing here." He said massaging my back. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm just really tired." I said turning around facing him and buried my face into his chest.

"Where is he taking you?" Adam asked.

"Hm?" I mumbled.

"Where's Roger taking you?" Adam asked.