Chapter 26

When we got home my mum, dad and Grace was sitting on the porch waiting for us. We sat down on the porch with them but no one said anything everyone was on their phones. It's funny mum and dad were the ones that would tell us to get off our phones then we get WiFi and they buy smartphones and they won't get off their phones. I scrolled through my instagram until my dad spoke up.

"Look at this guy cutting wood." My dad says.

"You watch weird videos." Grace says.

"It's not really weird if he does construction." I say getting out of instagram.

"Right true." Grace says.

"Can I try on my dress for graduation?" I ask putting my phone in my hoodie pocket.

"Sure." Says dad as he heads inside and we all follow him.

He gets the dress and I go to the guest room to try it on. I try on the dress and everything is going well until I'm not able to put up the zipper. Grace tried to get the zipper up but she wasn't able to either.

"Why won't this come up!" I say trying to get the zipper up.

"Jacklynn! JACKLYNN!" Grace shouted. "It doesn't fit you."

"It has to fit, graduation is tomorrow."

"You have to tell dad." Grace says.

"Yeah I should tell him." I say going into the living room. "Daddy the zipper won't go up."

"It doesn't fit her." Says Grace.

"How does it not fit, I know I got the right size." Dad says. "I checked the size of one of your dresses."

"Which dress?" I asked. I knew I was missing a dress but I didn't know which one.

"The green one." Dad replied.

"With the white flower?"

"Yeah that one." Dad says.

"That fit me perfect before I moved, I am getting fat." I say sitting down on the couch and putting my hands on my face.

"You're not getting fat just chubby, you actually needed to." Dad says.

"Yeah, he's right Jackie." Grace says. "You looked like a skeleton."

"I did not look like a skeleton." I say getting up from the couch and going into the kitchen.

"You looked like that girl from the movie Corpse Bride." Grace says.

"Oh I love that movie." I say grabbing a bag of hot Cheetos.

"Yeah cause Johnny Depp is on it." Grace says.

"Can I at least get a new dress?" I ask. "Graduation is tomorrow, the only other dress I have is the green one and that one probably doesn't even fit me anymore."

"I don't have the money for another dress I don't get paid until Friday." Dad says.

"I have the money." I say taking the money out of my phone case.

"Where did you get that?" Dad asked.

"You gave it to me for my birthday." I replied.

"You still have it?"

"Well duh, I can't spend this money in London."

"I can take you to get another dress, Jackie." Brian says.

"Brian I love you thank you." I say putting the money back in my phone case. "Let's go."

"Don't you have to take that dress off first?" Anita asks.