Chapter 55

I shot up in a cold sweat as tears formed in my eyes. I looked beside me and saw Poppy asleep. My phone is under my pillow and my headphones are on the ground. I grabbed my phone and saw that it's 3 in the morning. I unplugged my headphones unlocked my phone and called Adam.

*phone call*
Adam
Jacklyn
Adam: "Hello?"
Jacklynn: "Adam."
Adam: "Babe what's wrong? Did you have a bad dream?"
Jacklynn: "Not really."
Adam: "What is it?"
Jacklynn: "Are you okay, nothing happened to you?"
Adam: "No I'm fine why is something gonna happen to me?"
Jacklynn: "No nothing's gonna happen to you. I hope nothing happens to you. I miss you."
Adam: "I miss you too baby but I'll be back soon, sooner than you think."
Jacklynn: "Yeah."
Adam: "I should go."
Jacklynn: "Okay please be careful."
Adam: "I will. I love you."
Jacklynn: "I love you too."
*end of phone call*

I put my phone down and got out of bed. I hear the sound of raindrops tapping on the window as the brightness of the stars light up my room. I walked to my window and looked up at the sky where there's a perfect view of the moon. I looked up at it and started singing.

"I know you're somewhere out there somewhere far away I want you back I want you back My neighbors think I'm crazy But they don't understand You're all I have You're all I have At night when the stars Light up my room I sit by myself Talking to the moon Tryin' to get to you In hopes you're on The other side Talking to me too Or am I a fool Who sits alone
Talking to the moon"

"Jacklynn." Someone whispered.

I looked back and noticed Brian had walked into my room.

"Yeah?" I whispered.

"Come on." He said walking out of my room.

I followed him out and went to the living room. We sat down on the couch and stayed quiet for awhile until Brian said something.

"What were you singing?" He asked.

"Talking to the moon by Bruno Mars." I replied. "Why did you call me down here?"

"I wanted to show you something." Brian said. "It's actually upstairs I don't know why I came down here."

We went back upstairs and went into Brian's office. He turned on his laptop and opened a folder labelled 'Jacklynn's conspiracies'.

"I wanted to show you these covers for your conspiracy journal." Brian said.

"I like the purple one with the triangle." I said.

"So is that one the one you want?" Brian asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "Why did you show this to me now?"

"I was going to show it to you later but I heard you were awake and you looked upset." He said. "So I figured I could show you now."

"Makes sense." I said. "When is it gonna be published?"

"I talked to a publisher already I sent your journal to him it should be out next month." Brian said.

"Okay cool." I said. "Is it gonna be called Jacklynn's conspiracies?"

"If you like it." He said.

"I love it." I said. "It's perfect."

"Good now back to bed." Brian said turning off his laptop.

We walked out of Brian's office and went back to our rooms. I laid down in my bed grabbed my phone and scrolled through my instagram. I got out of Instagram put my phone down and went back to sleep.