Chapter 11

The next morning I woke up to Brian doing something in my room.

"Brian What are you doing?" I ask as I grab my ring and put it on. My ring slips off when I'm asleep so I take it off every night when I go to sleep.

"I'm setting up this new tv I got for you."

"You got me a new tv?"

"I did."

"Brian, you didn't have get me a new tv."

"I know but your dad called he said he's  giving your old tv to your brother so I kind of figured I would get you a new one."

"Oh okay that's fine then. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Where's Delilah?" I ask as I get out of bed.

"She's probably..."

"Ow!"  Delilah comes out of under my bed and attacks my feet. "I found her."

"You should probably go feed her."

"Yeah I was going to that's why I asked where she was....where's my phone?"

"Right here. The tv is controlled by an app that is already downloaded on your phone."

"Oh cool. What time is it?"

"Almost noon."

"That means it'll be like 4 or 5 in the morning in Alabama, I'll have to text Claire. Come on lady D let's go feed you." 

I fed Delilah got a snack and came back into my room.

"Jackie, I was just about to call you back up here. I'm done setting up your tv.

"You're done?"

"I am. Come here so I can show you how to use it."

"Oh...Okay." I say as I put my hand over my pinkie to hide my ring.

"Here take your phone."

"Okay." I grab my phone with my hand still hiding the ring on my pinkie.

"What's wrong with your pinkie?"

"Oh nothing." I say as I stick my hand in my pocket and letting my ring fall in.

"Alright, well there's a YouTube button, and a Netflix button, and an Amazon button." Brian says pointing at the screen on my phone. "If you want to watch regular tv just push menu and tv. All the channels are on a paper that's taped to the back of the tv along with the WiFi password."

"Thank you, Brian."

"You're welcome. Oh, get ready we're going out for your birthday since we didn't really get to do anything for you on the day of your birthday."

"Oh okay. May I ask where we're going?"

"Penny Lane and then somewhere else but that's a surprise."

"PENNY LANE!? Doesn't it take like two hours to get to Liverpool?"

"You did your research didn't you?"

"Of course I did. May I also ask why we're going?"

"That's a surprise, but you will love it."

"Is Anita coming too?"

"No, she's staying here."

"Aw why?"

"Someone needs to look after your cat."

"Oh, right."

"Get ready."

"Okay."

I got dress on blue jeans, my Beatles t shirt, and slipped on my flats. I was fixing my hair when Brian walks in.