Chapter 63

I woke up to my phone vibrating. I picked it up and noticed Roger is calling. I looked at Adam to make sure he was still asleep then walked out to the living room. I sat down on the couch and answered my phone.

"Roger why are you calling me this early?" I asked.

"Is it early?" Roger asked. "It's noon here."

"Of course it is." I said. "Why did you call?"

"You can still get pregnant even if Adam uses a condom." Roger says. "Girls that have powers can get pregnant even if their partner uses a condom or not, and it can take 3 days after you had sex to get pregnant."

"Are you serious?!" I yelled. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Are you pregnant?" Roger asked as I heard footsteps.

"Sorry Rog I gotta go." I said. "And whatever you do don't call Adam and tell him what you told me."

"I won't." Roger said.

"Okay good I'll talk to you later." I said then hung up.

I ran back to the guest room using my super speed got back into bed and pretended like I was asleep. I looked beside me and saw Adam moving. He opened his eyes and saw me looking at him.

"Hey babe what are you doing up so early?" He said.

"It's not that early it's 6:30 my dad wakes up at this time." I said. "Any ways Roger called."

"What did he say?" He asked.

"He just wanted to know when we're going back home." I said.

Adam and I laid in bed and looked through our social media's until we heard a beeping.

"What is that?" I asked.

"It's coming from the closet." Adam said.

I got up looked in the closet and saw a tiny blinking clock. I turned it off and put it back in the closet.

"It was just a clock." I said getting back into bed.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It's 7:19. I put my phone down as Grace walked in.

"Jacklynn dad said to get ready you're leaving in 39 minutes." Grace said.

"39." I giggled. "But it's only 7:20 we don't have to be at the news station until 10."

"Yeah but it takes an hour to get to Huntsville." Grace said.

"But what-." I said as Grace cut me off.

"Get ready." She said then walked out.

Adam and I got dressed as we listened to music on my Spotify. I finished getting ready and walked out. I went into the kitchen made some tea and went back to the room.

"Are you still feeling sick?" Adam asked.

"Yeah." I said. "My back and my stomach hurts."

"What was the last time you had your period?" He asked.

"What?" I said.

"When was your last period?" He asked again.

"I don't know like two weeks ago." I said. "Why?"

"Just curious." He said.

"Okay." I said taking a sip of my tea.