Chapter 7

I woke up to my parents arguing. I checked the time it was only 2:30 am.

"Who would be arguing at this hour?" I said to myself.

I checked my phone and saw that Brian texted me. Are you up? It said.
Yeah I'm up you and Anita can come to my room if you want. Just stay quiet. I replied back.

A few minutes later Brian and Anita quietly come into my room.

"How do you live like this, Jackie?" Brian asks.

"I don't know. My parents always ask me why I don't eat when they are the reason I don't eat. I'm always afraid to even leave my room. I always feel like I have to ask for permission to eat, to get out of my room, and to take a shower."

"And how do you stay so positive?

"I guess I just look at the bright side of everything."

"I'm so sorry you have to live like this."

"It's okay. I gotta go to the bathroom, you can turn on my lamp if you want. I'll be right back."

Brian's POV
We can't let this be Jacklynn's life. Her parents arguing. Being afraid to leave her room. Feeling like she has to ask for permission to do stuff in her own home. I can tell it upsets her but she stays so positive about everything. We have to do something.

"Anita, we can't let her live like this." I say.

"I know but what can we do?" Anita asks.

"I don't know." I reply.

"Maybe she could move in with us? We have a spare room, we have to clean it out but it could work." Anita says.

"That's a great idea. We do have to clean it out. When we get back home we'll clean out the room and I'll come back for her next week, but we can't tell her about it. Let it be a surprise."

"Okay I won't say anything about it."

"Shh She's coming."

Jacklynn's POV
I washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom back into my room. The lamp was on and Brian was on his phone.

"You two can go back to the guest room if you want, my parents are asleep."

"We'll stay until you fall asleep."

"Okay, that would be nice."

I woke up and Brian and Anita were gone.

"What time is it?" I asked myself.

I checked the time it was 6:57 am. I got out of bed and walked around the house. I'm the only one up. I knocked on the guest room door there was no answer so I just walked in. Brian and Anita are asleep. I came back in my room and checked the time it was 7:01 am. I fed my birds and went back to sleep.

"Jacklynn. Jacklynn wake up."

"Brian?"

"Yes?"

"What time is it?"

"It's 9:30 your parents are getting ready for church. Anita and I are already ready for church. You should start getting ready."

"Where's Anita?"

"In the guest room."

"Okay. I'll get ready." I say yawning as I get up. I went into the bathroom brushed my teeth came back in room. I put on a green dress with a white flower and looked in the mirror.