Chapter 41

I wake up confused but then I remember I'm at Roger's house. I get out of bed and go to the game room and play some games. An hour later Roger walked in.

"Here you are I thought I lost you." Roger said. "I checked your room but you wasn't in there."

"Yeah I'm here." I giggled. "Wait my room?"

"Yeah it's your room now." He replied. "I have a feeling you're gonna be staying here a lot so I might as well give you a room."

"Oh cool so can I decorate it any way I want to?" I asked.

"Of course." He replied. "How long have you been in here?"

"I think an hour." I replied.

"What do you want to do today?" Roger asked walking out of the game room as I followed him.

"I want to go on an adventure." I replied. "I've never been on a real adventure."

"What kind of adventure?" He asked as I followed him into the kitchen.

"I don't know something big like Atlantis."

"How about a cave?" Roger asked.

"Or the woods!" I exclaimed.

"That doesn't seem like Atlantis." Roger said.

"You never know what you can find in the woods." I said opening the fridge. "Do you have any crisps?"

"There should be some in the cupboard." Roger replied.

"Cool." I said going to the cupboard and grabbed a bag of crisps. "Anyways there was this one time I went in the woods with my dad and my sister and I found a really old pocket watch then we heard growling and we ran out of the woods I ended up dropping the pocket watch."

"Did you ever find out what the growling was?" Roger asked.

"I don't know." I replied. "My dad said it was a bear but I don't think it was."

"Do you wanna go now?" Roger asked.

"Yeah I just gotta get changed." I replied. "I hope I packed the right clothes for adventuring."

I went up to my room and looked in my backpack. I took out all of the clothes I had packed and found something to wear. I was putting the clothes back in the backpack when I realised I could use it to go adventuring. I grabbed my phone and put it in the front pocket of the backpack. I got changed and was putting on my shoes when Roger walked in.

"Hey Jackie." Roger says.

"Oh hey Rog." I said. "What's that?"

"Oh right it's an adventure journal." He says handing me the journal.

"Cool thank you." I said putting it in my backpack.

"You're welcome." He said. "So are you ready to go?"

"Yep let's go." I said grabbing my backpack and grappling hook.

"We can take the car or we can walk." Roger said walking out of the door.

"Let's  walk." I said as Roger locked the door. "I know you want to drive Rog but I want to walk."

"Oh no it's fine." Roger said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course I'm sure." He replied.

We walked until we saw a bunch of trees.

"Look woods." I said as I ran into the woods.

"Jacklynn wait." He said coming into the woods after me.