Chapter 51

I woke up from the worst dream ever. I started crying and couldn't control my breathing.

"Jackie are you crying? It's okay breathe in and out slowly. You're okay just breathe." Adam said. "Everything is fine I'm here just concentrate on your breathing."

"She's having a panic attack." Anita said walking into my room. "She used to have them a lot when she was younger her sister told me."

"What are you doing up?" Adam asked.

"I heard her crying and wanted to see what was wrong just keep doing what you're doing." Anita said then went back to bed.

"It's okay babe just breathe in...and breathe out I'm right here with you." Adam said as I breathed in and out like he said. "Yeah there you go good now tell me what's wrong."

"I had a dream you left me. Please don't leave me." I cried.

"Baby I would never leave you you don't have to worry about that you know I love you and I know you love me." He said as I nodded. "There's something else is there?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Tell me." He said. "It's okay just breathe."

"Roger wants to teach me how to drive but....my biggest fear is driving." I said.

"I'll be there with you." Adam said. "But don't you ever think that I would leave you I never will."

"I know." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. "That dream it felt so real."

"It's okay babe I'm here I'll never leave you." He said wiping away my tears. "Now I can't go back to sleep cause I'm worried about you I'll have to wait for you to go to sleep."

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's fine." Adam said. "Remember our first kiss?"

"Yeah." I said. "The day of my graduation."

"You pushed me off of you." Adam said.

"Graduation was about to start I had to get ready." I said. "I cried when you ran out."

"I did say sorry for running out on you right?" He asked.

"Yeah after we performed my song." I said.

"Do you remember the second time we kissed?" Adam asked.

"In the living room on the couch." I replied. "I loved that."

I looked at Adam smiled then zoned out. I quickly blinked closed my eyes then opened them and looked at Adam.

"Your eyes turned purple." Adam said. "What did you see?"

"Nothing..." I yawned. "I didn't see anything that's kind of weird."

"You're getting sleepy." Adam said.

"No I'm-." I yawned. "Not."

"Yes you are babe." He said.

"Okay I'm sleepy but I don't wanna have that dream again." I said.

"Babe I'll still be here when you wake up." He said.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." He said. "Come here."

I snuggled up to his chest as he kissed my head. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep

                                  ~~~

I woke up to a hand on my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw Adam looking back at me. He rubbed my cheek with his thumb and smiled.

"Are you okay?" He asked.