Chapter One Hundred & Eighteen

"Ridzy!" Anjali called, shaking her out of her sleep. "Ridzy! Get up!!"

Anjali bent down and pressed a kiss to Riddhima's cheek, the way Riddhima had been doing to her for years now. Riddhima didn't even stir, still deep in slumber, a huge smile on her lips. Was this how she felt every morning when trying to wake Anjali up? So annoyed and frustrated? If she did, Anjali didn't understand how she did it everyday. And that too for so many years, not once complaining.

Anjali couldn't remember the last time she had woken up before Riddhima had, if ever. She was always the one who loved to sleep in while Riddhima was the early riser, wanting to get a jog in before starting her day. Anjali didn't exercise the way Riddhima did, and so she made up by being conscious of her diet. But, that wasn't the crux of the matter right now. Right now, what was important was getting Riddhima to wake up.

It was the first official day of ceremonies for the wedding. Her official mehendi ceremony would begin in a few hours, and here this girl was, still sleeping without a care in the world. Really, did she have to choose today to sleep so late?

"Anjali?" Abhi called out softly. "Can I come in?"

Sighing, Anjali got up from the bed and opened the door for him. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," Abhi replied. "Good morning. I know tum shayad Riddhima ke saath busy ho aur maybe uske saath thoda time spend karna chaahti ho, but you need to be quick agar tumhe mehendi peesni hai toh. Atul aur Muskaan ne already ladaayi start kardi hai."

Anjali facepalmed, making Abhi chuckle. "Of course!"

"Well, you know them," Abhi muttered. "Sometimes I'm very surprised ki yeh dono sach mein doctor bann kaise gaye."

"Trust me, Abhi," Anjali assured. "You're not the only one."

Abhi laughed. His phone beeped, halting their conversation. He switched off the alarm he'd set before keeping his phone back in. To Anjali, he said, "As much as I would love to mock Atul & Muskaan, and trust me, I really would... Mujhe jaana hai. Nikki ki medicines ka time ho raha hai. Aur woh ladki dawai lene mein bohot naatak karti hai! It's going to take me a while to get her to take them... So, I'll leave you to it."

"All the best!" Anjali cheered. "Tell Nikki to get some rest. Abhi se idhar udhar karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Jab mehendi ka time ho jaayega, we'll call her."

"Easier said than done," Abhi mumbled. "She's so uncomfortable lekin jab main rest karne bolta hoon toh sunti thodi hai. She has to attend every ceremony, chaahe important ho ya nahi!"

"Let her be," Anjali scolded. "Woh kitni excited hai! I don't think you even understand... her & Rahul... they've been waiting for this day for so long. Hum sabko toh Armaan aur Riddhima ke baare mein kuch bhanak bhi nahi thi jabse yeh dono inki shaadi ka wait kar rahe hain!"

"I know," Abhi agreed. "She's been looking forward to it so badly. Armaan aur Riddhima dono uske itne achche dost hain... they're her best friends. Vani Maa mujhe bata rahi thi how her and Armaan have literally grown up together and how important they are to each other. I understand why she's so excited. Lekin usse apni health ka bhi khayal rakhna chahiye na. It's not like she's in her first or even second trimester. Eighth month chal raha hai... iss time toh jitni ho sake utni rest karni chahiye but isse dekho!"

"Don't worry too much," Anjali advised. "Nikki knows her limits. I'm sure she won't overdo it. Aur... hum sab yahaan doctors hain. Kuch gadbad thodi hone denge."

"You're right," Abhi replied. "Lekin phir bhi, tension toh hoti haina."

"Of course," Anjali nodded. "Hoti hi hogi. Hum sabko hoti hai toh I can't even imagine tumhe kitni zyada hoti hogi. But, I promise... hum mein se koi bhi usse khudki health ko neglect karne nahi dega!"

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें