Chapter Twenty Two

It turned out that Rahul was very much awake and really worried about Riddhima. So, when Armaan went to see him, asking if she could come meet hom, he just about jumped from the bed in excitement.

There had been words between the two of them last night and he was very ashamed of what he had said to her. Just because she had lied to him about one thing did not mean that their entire friendship was based on a lie.

He knew that his words had upset her greatly and he hadn't had the chanced to apologize to her, until now. He couldn't ever forget the feeling that coursed through him when he had seen her in the way of that moving car. He had been afraid that something would happen to her, or to him when he had started running to push her out of the way and the last memory of each other that they would have had would have been the bitterest of all.

Thank God they didn't have to dwell on that now. He was going to apologize to her for his rude behavior, make good with her and have his best friend back. Maybe then, his life would have something right in the bunch of wrongs. Because that was his life these days, wasn't it? Leaving Sanjeevani and his friends had been a mistake. Leaving Muskaan had been the biggest mistake he had ever made. Sometimes he wondered. Would he see her again? If he did, would she let him apologize? Would he ever be anyone important in her life again?

He knew that the answer to these questions were most likely a no. Still, he couldn't help but wonder. Would he ever have what Armaan & Riddhima had, ever again? He could, if he tried, right? After all, Armaan had left Riddhima. And look where they were today. Together and happy. Planning their life. He wanted that. Someday, maybe he would.

His thoughts were interrupted by the creaking of the door. He looked up to see that Armaan was helping Riddhima in.

"Hey," he whispered.

"Hi," she replied, moving to pull him into a tight hug.

"Thank you," she murmured. He just shook his head against her shoulder in reply.

She pulled back and Armaan helped her get settled on the chair.

"Tum Rahul ke saath baitho, main aata hu," Armaan said, kissing her head. Riddhima nodded, smiling.

He grinned back and with a quick nod to Rahul, left the room.

Riddhima turned to Rahul and asked, "Kaisa hai?"

"First class."

"Rahul," Riddhima sighed, "Sach bata. Kaisa feel kar raha hai? Zyada dard toh nahi ho raha na?"

"Ho toh raha hai, lekin saare pain killers se better feel kar raha hu. Bas neend bohot aati hai unki wajah se," he replied, laughing.

Riddhima laughed along with him.

"Rahul, tu kyu hero banne ki koshish kar raha tha?" Riddhima asked him.

"Main? Hero? Kya bol rahi hai tu?"

"Woh jo tu ekdum se jump maarke mere aur woh gaadi ke beech mein aa gaya, uski baat kar rahi hu," she replied.

"Toh kya wahaan khade - khade dekhta rehta? Agar tujhe kuch ho jaata toh?"

"Aur agar tujhe kuch ho jaata toh?"

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें