Chapter Eighteen

They reached back around midnight.

Yuvi helped Naina get the bags inside as Armaan tried to wake Riddhima.

"Jaan, hum pohonch gaye," he whispered lowly in her ear.

When she didn't respond, Armaan shook her lightly, repeating his words.

She came to in sometime. "Rahul! I'm sorry!" were the first words that left her mouth as she woke up.

Armaan smiled sadly on hearing that. He pulled her into his arms and soothed her.

"I'm sorry, Armaan. Maine bohot bura sapna dekha. Rahul meri wajah se waapas jaa raha tha. Main aisa nahi hone de sakti," she told him.

"Hey! Hum sab haina. Hum mein se koi bhi, Rahul ko kahin nahi jaane de raha. Okay?"

Riddhima looked skeptical.

"Okay?" Armaan prodded.

She nodded slightly.

"Good," Armaan replied, smiling.

He pressed a quick peck to her lips and then helped her out of the car.

Yuvi helped Naina put her bags in while Armaan helped Riddhima.

He placed her bags on one side of the room while she changed quickly. Then, he helped her into bed. He turned to leave, but Riddhima caught his hand.

"Armaan, kuch time ke liye mere saath yaha baithoge?" she asked in a small voice. Armaan smiled and nodded.

She moved to make room for him on the bed and he effortlessly slid in, pulling her into his arms.

Riddhima snuggled closer to him, keeping her head on his chest, right above his heart. The steady beat of his heart helped soothe her.

Armaan pulled her closer and pressed kisses to her head.

"Armaan, sab jaldi theek ho jaayega na?"

"Of course, ho jaayega. Tum dekhna, hum dono milke Rahul ko mana lenge."

"Promise?"

"Pakka promise."

Riddima smiled and nodded. Armaan bent down and kissed her softly.

"Aaj orphanage jaakar bohot achcha laga, nahi?" he asked, trying to change the topic of discussion.

Riddhima nodded mutely.

"Gappu ko itne time baad dekhkar mujhe bohot achcha laga, Jaan."

"Mujhe bhi," she replied, smiling.

"Aur saare bachche kitne bade ho gaye hain. Tumne dekha, Rohit toh mujhse bhi lamba ho gaya hai. Pichli baar jab dekha that oh kitna chota tha."

Riddhma nodded. "Woh sab bohot jaldi bade ho rahe hai, Armaan. Abse humein har kuch dino mein wahaan jaana chahiye, maine wahaan sabko bohot miss kiya."

"Maine bhi. Toh done, abse har mahine hum kamse kame k baar wahaan jaayenge, okay?"

Riddhima nodded happily.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें