Chapter Sixteen

Later in the afternoon, Armaan and Riddhima gathered up all the kids to start the check ups.

"Bachcha log! Ye hai Dr. Yuvraj aur Dr. Naina, ye bhi humaare saath aapka chack up karenge", Riddhima said, introducing the kids to them.

The kids looked at Yuvi and Naina and then back at Armaan - Riddhima.

They stared at them for a minute and then shouted, "NAHI!" in unison.

"Kyu?" Naina asked scandalized.

"Nahi, hum sirf Armaan bhaiya aur Riddhima didi se hi check up karwaate hai har baar. Abhi bhi unse hi karaayenge", Gappu said in a no - nonsense tone.

"Gappu..." Bua reprimanded him.

"Kya hua bua? Ab hume nahi karaana check up toh nahi karaana. Hum bas Armaan bhaiya aur Riddhima didi se hi karaayenge."

Bua looked at the duo helplessly. Armaan indicated that he would handle it.

"Theek hai bhai! Ab agar tum nahi karaana chaahte, toh mat karao. Par phir tumlogon koi chocolates aur ice cream nahi milegi", Armaan told the kids.

"Kaunsi chocolates or ice cream?" Gappu asked.

"Woh Yuvi bhaiya aur Naina didi haina? Woh bohot bohot bohot saari chocolates laaye hain. Aur unhone bataya mujhe, ki jo bachche unke paas check up karaayenge, unhe chocolates denge. Aur shaam ko ice cream khilaane le jaayenge. Haina Yuvi?" Armaan asked, turning to him, gesturing him to say yes.

Yuvi looked confused for a second, but seeing the look on Armaan's face, replied in affirmative.

"Aap achche se karoge na? Zyada dard toh nahi hoga?" one of the kids asked Naina.

"Arre nahi! Hum ekdum dhyaan se karenge. Bilkul bhi dard nahi hoga tumhe, pakka promise", Naina replied, pinching her throat.

"Theek hai, main aapse apna check up kara lungi."

Naina smiled widely.

Armaan pulled Yuvi aside and took him to his room, handing him a huge bag of chocolates. "Mujhe pata tha, yeh bachche nakhre karenge tum dono se check up karaane mein. Isliye ye laya tha", he said gesturing to them.

Yuvi smiled, accepting them. They made their way back outside where Riddhima was guiding Naina through the basics.

Armaan did the same to Yuvi and then they got to work. Between the four of them, the check ups were getting done pretty fast.

In the afternoon, Bua broke the session up and called everyone in for lunch.

"Bachchon, khaana khaane se pehle apne haath dhona, theek hai?" She asked, to which all the kids nodded.

Armaan was made incharge of getting their hands washed as they couldn't do it properly on their own. Riddhima decided to take advantage of the fact and got in line with the kids.

Armaan who was busy looking only at the kids' hands didn't notice this. However, he was shocked when a familiar pair of hands forwarded themselves to be washed. He looked up to see Riddhima grinning at him. He smiled back and got lost in her eyes. They stared at each other, completely oblivious to the rest of their world, having a hundred silent conversations with each other. They were lost in their pretty little world that Riddhima didn't even realize when her clothes started getting wet. It was Gappu who pointed it out to her.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें