Epilogue

Riddhima's phone chimed with an incoming message the second the clock struck midnight. Happy Anniversary, Basket, her husband had sent, accompanied by a beating red heart emoji. Before she could reply, another text came in. Look out the window.

Riddhima turned to her side. Seeing that Anjali was deep in sleep, she snuck out of bed and tiptoed to the window. She looked out and sure enough, Armaan was standing there with a huge grin on his face. She opened the window and leaned outside. "Happy anniversary, baby!" She wished him, keeping her voice low.

Instead of saying anything, Armaan held up a placard that read I miss you. "I miss you, too," Riddhima replied. "But just a few more hours."

Shaking his head, Armaan threw the placard to reveal another one. I was lone. Alone. Another. Then you walked into my life. Another. A journey of a lifetime. Another. You and me and forever. Another. Thank you for marrying me. Another. You made me the happiest man on the planet. Another. Doubly so.

Riddhima was crying by then, silent tears falling down her eyes even as she smiled the brightest possible smile. "I love you," she blubbered.

"I LOVE YOU!" Armaan called back, and immediately bit his tongue. He'd been too loud. It felt even louder in the eerie silence of the night.

Sure enough, a couple of moments later, Anjali was there. "Armaan! Tum yahaan kya kar rahe ho? Waapas jaao!"

"Anjy," Armaan whined. "This isn't fair! Tum mujhe apni wife se milne se kaise rok sakti ho?"

"Of course rok sakti hoon, Jeeju," Anjali replied. "Tumhaari wife woh baad mein hai, meri behen pehle hai! Aur meri behen se ab tum kal hi milna!"

"Anjyyyyyy!" Armaan cribbed.

"No ifs and buts, Armaan!" Anjali ordered. "Aur please, ab toh apni yeh Roadside Romeo type harkatein bandh kardo! Kab sudhroge tum?"

"Kabhi nahi!" Armaan vowed.

Anjali rolled her eyes. "Scram!"

"Lekin…" Armaan tried once more.

"Maine kaha na! Sab kuch kal. Aaj girls' night hai!" Anjali exclaimed.

Sulking, Armaan surrendered. "Fine. Whatever."

"Good," Anjali asserted smugly.

"Ab bye bol du apni biwi ko yaa woh bhi tum kabab mein haddi ki presence mein karna padega?" Armaan asked.

"You have 2 minutes," she ordered before going inside to give the couple some privacy.

Armaan's frown turned into a wide smile the moment she left. "I love you!"

"I love you," Riddhima promised. "I'll see you in…"

"In a few hours," Armaan finished.

"A few hours," Riddhima agreed. She blew him a kiss and Armaan made a show of diving to catch it, making Riddhima laugh. Then, he was off. Riddhima stared after him, only closing the window once she couldn't make out the silhouette of her husband.

By the time she got in bed again, Anjali was already fast asleep. Sighing, Riddhima picked up her phone. Di toh so bhi gayi, she texted him.

Tumhaari behen humaare pyaar ki dushman, haaye haaye! was the instant reply.

Tum bhi so jao, he added. See you tomorrow.

See you tomorrow, she promised. Heeding his advice, she kept her phone aside and went to sleep. Tomorrow was a big day.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें