Chapter Five

After dinner, Armaan reluctantly made his way to the car, holding Riddhima's hand firmly in his, their fingers intertwined. He knew their time today was about to end as Riddhima had to go home.

He helped her in the car & then got in himself, hesitantly starting the car. He drove single handedly, with Riddhima's hand still in his over the console. He was driving slower than usual, a fact that hadn't gone unnoticed by Riddhima.

"Kya hua Armaan?" she asked him, sensing his unease.

He sighed before saying a soft, "Nothing"

"Armaan..." she probed him, her tone suggesting she knew better than that.

"Main tumhe chodkar nahi jaana chaahta", he finally admitted.

"Armaan bas raat bhar ki baat hai, hum kal subah milenge na", she told him.

"Phir bhi Riddhima, bb main tumse ek pal ke liye bhi door nahi rehna chaahta", he said, "I miss you."

"Armaan, abhi toh tum waise bhi mere saath chal rahe ho na, Maa tumhe dekhke bohot khush hongi. Fir hum raat mein sone se pehle bhi toh baat karenge", she reasoned.

Armaan sighed & nodded.

They reached Riddhima's house in no time, or that was how Armaan felt.

They rang the doorbell & Naina opened the door.

"Achcha hua aap aa gaye Di! Padma Aunty bohot tension le rahi hai kyuki aap subah se baahar hai", she said.

"Haan woh main aur Armaan thoda ghumne gaye the", Riddhima said, but Naina wasn't listening as she was too busy staring at Armaan & blushing.

Armaan smiled politely at her, not knowing what to do. Riddhima though wasn't liking this. She was just about to tell Naina off when Padma shouted, "Kaun hai Naina? Riddhima hi haina?"

"Haan Maa, main hi hu", Riddhima replied & hurried inside.

As soon as Padma saw her, she started firing questions like - Where were you? Who were you with? Why didn't you call?

"Arre Maa, saans toh lo. Woh main aapke liye surprise laane gayi thi", Riddhima replied.

"Surprise? Kaisa surprise?" Padma asked confused.

"Aisa surprise jisse dekhkar aap bohot khush ho jaayengi!" she exclaimed, before covering Padma's eyes & shouting, "Surprise, aa jao."

"Riddhima! Paagal ho gayi hai kya? Ye aankhon se apna haath hata! Aur aise 'Surprise aa jao' chillane se surprise nahi aata", Padma told her daughter, as if she was speaking to a 3 year old.

"Mera aata hai. Aap rukiye na", she said.

Once Armaan was there, Riddhima uncovered Padma's eyes.

On seeing Armaan, Padma's eyes flooded instantly.

She hugged him to her for a long time, unable to believe it was him. Armaan hugged her back, touched to see the love Padma held for him.

"Kaha tha na maine, sab theek ho jaayega! Magar tu kahaan meri baat sunta hai?" she scolded him, only like a mother could.

Armaan immediately held his ears and said, "Sorry."

"Haan haan theek hai. Ab aisi shakal mat bana. Main tujhe aise dekhke pighalne nahi waali", she said.

"Arre Ma, maaf kardo na please! Galti ho gayi. I love you, na. Pleaseee", he said like little kid.

"Jab main keh rahi thi Armaan mat ja, tujhe rokne ke liye ro rahi thi, tab toh nahi yaad aaya tujhe ye sab. Ab bada sorry bol raha hai", she said, turning his ears.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें