Chapter One Hundred and Forty Six

Armaan's slumber was broken by insistent knocking on the door. A mumbled in his sleep, hugging Riddhima tighter, hoping that whoever it was would take the hint and go away if he didn't open the door. But, alas, it was not his day, because the knocking continued for what seemed like forever.

"Armaan," Riddhima muttered. "Dekho na!"

Sighing, Armaan disentangled himself from her arms. He opened the door, extremely annoyed, to see Roshan Kaka standing on the other side. "Kya hua, Kaka?" He asked over a yawn. "Aap itni subah-subah kyun pareshaan kar rahe hain?"

"Sorry, Armaan Baba! Main bilkul aapko pareshaan nahi karta, lekin subah ke 10 baj rahe hain! Billy Bhaisaab ne kehke bheja hai ki aapko aur Riddhima Bitiya ko naashte ke liye lekar turant aau," Roshan explained.

"Hmmm," Armaan hummed. "Aap chaliye. Hum aate hain."

He shut the door and turned, taking a moment to bask in the sight of his wife asleep in his childhood bed. They'd arrived in Delhi pretty late the night before, having flown in from Rome. Riddhima had insisted on spending a few days with his parents before making their way back home. So, here they were. However, it had been almost 3am when they got home, and his parents had already been asleep by then, so he hadn't woken them up, despite their numerous orders to do so. Which explained why they were adamant to have breakfast together. Not that Armaan minded at all, but he had planned to take Riddhima out on a breakfast date, wanting to keep her to himself for a little while longer. But of course, that would be impossible given how eagerly his parents had been awaiting their arrival.

"Basket," he whispered softly, kissing all over her face. "Utho."

Riddhima almost purred in contentment at the contact, snuggling into the sheets. "Come on, Basket," Armaan laughed in her ear. "Wake up!"

Slowly, Riddhima opened those beautiful almond eyes to look at him. "Good morning," she smiled, her arms looping around his neck.

"Good morning, Jaana," Armaan greeted her, resting his head on hers. "It's time for breakfast," he told her, dropping a chaste kiss to her lips.

"Mmmmm," Riddhima moaned. "Abhi?"

"Haan," Armaan replied. "Mom aur Billy humaara wait kar rahe hain."

"Oh!" Riddhima breathed, immediately letting go of her husband and sitting up. "Pehle bolna chahiye tha na tumhe! Chalo, jaldi se brush karlo phir breakfast ke liye chalte hain!"

Armaan rolled his eyes, but complied. Trust Riddhima to forget everything else when it came to either of their parents. Of course, she was the favourite. How could she not be when she loved them so? Shaking his head, Armaan followed Riddhima into the bathroom. After a quick morning routine - brushing their teeth and washing their face - the two of them were joining Armaan's parents for breakfast, still in their pyjamas.

"Mom! Dad!" Riddhima exclaimed happily, skipping down the stairs into the waiting arms of Billy.

"Riddhi!" Billy cried happily, hugging her tight. "It's so good to see you, beta!"

"Oho, Silly Billy!" Ananya complained. "Ab mujhe bhi toh milne do usse."

Ananya all but pried Riddhima out of Billy's embrace into one of her own. "I missed you so much, Riddhi."

"I missed you, too, Mom," Riddhima promised, returning the hug just as fiercely.

Armaan cleared his throat. "Main bhi hoon yahaan. In case aap dono bhool gaye ho!"

His parents laughed at his remark and Billy reached out his arms to wrap his son in a quick hug. "Nalayak! Kaha tha na tujhse ki ghar pohonchne ke baad humein utha dena!! Uthaya kyun nahi?"

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें