Chapter Eleven

Armaan was really happy today. Finally, after a week of separation, his Basket was back home. He was feeling a little clingy towards her because he had gone without seeing her for a full week. So, he would sneak in for some time with her whenever he had the chance, even if it was for 5 minutes. Riddhima was loving all the attention that he was showering on her. He had been giving her flowers - her favourite lilies, actually, every hour. As each hour passed, she would have someone tapping her shoulder, giving her the lily and then going away. When it was a kid who gave it to her, there would be a complimentary kiss on the cheek, which was courtesy of their favourite Armaan bhaiya.

Also, she had found her favourite chocolates and a teddy bear sitting in her locker when she had opened it after lunch. This man was just too sweet for his own good.

But, now, it was time for her to give him some surprises of her own. She opened his locker and placed a wrapped package in it and then hid in the changing room so she could see his reaction to it. She had already paged him to meet her, so he would be arriving any minute.

Sure enough, a few minutes later, Armaan entered the locker room to find it empty. "Yeh Basket kahaan reh gayi? Milne toh usne yahin kaha tha."

He shrugged thinking she must have gotten busy with some patient and thought that he would also catch up on a case while waiting for her. So he opened his locker, intending to remove the patient's file, but was surprised to see a wrapped packet inside.

Curiously he removed it and shook it a little trying to understand what was in it. When he couldn't understand what it was, he unceremoniously removed the gift wrapper and was pleasantly surprised to see what was inside.

It was actually a Fuzzy Moon Bear' from Archies'. It was sitting and carrying a pillow which read - "While you go out with me?"

Armaan grinned on seeing it. Only Riddhima knew how much he loved those bears. Of course he didn't go around telling people that, because he was a guy and guys don't like such things. Armaan was the same, except when it came to this particular teddy bear.

When he was a little kid, he had many nightmares which left him scared. He was starting to get afraid of sleeping alone. So, Bi had gone out and gotten him a Fuzzy Moon Bear' so that he could cuddle it and sleep. From that day, he had always slept with that bear, no matter where he was till he reached his early teens and no longer needed the bear to sleep at night.

However, even after growing up, the bear was special to him. It had acted like his protector for many years before he grew up. Thus, Armaan loved it. Even after so many years, Bi used to send him one bear for his birthday every year, for sentimental reasons now. He had kept them safely, hidden from the eyes of others and used to go through his collection whenever he missed her.

Now, it was even more significant to him because the only girl in his life had asked him out on a date using the same teddy. He smiled softly and nuzzled the bear, looking around so he could find Riddhima. He was absolutely sure that she was somewhere near, watching his reactions.

Suddenly, he felt two arms encircling his waist and a head resting on his back.

"So, Dr. Mallik, will you go out with me?" she asked.

He grinned and turned around, taking her in his arms. He kissed her forehead and said, "Of course! Yeh bhi koi poochne waali baat hai!"

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें