Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Six

The next morning, Armaan woke Riddhima up with breakfast in bed. They lounged in bed for greater part of the morning, equal parts eating and making out, which gradually led to another round of lovemaking. Riddhima had realized that they were both insatiable when it came to the other. Maybe down the line, the novelty would wear off and she wouldn't feel as if she was on fire every time Armaan as much as looked at her in a certain way, but for now, she thoroughly enjoyed the reaction Armaan incited in her, and she in him.

They ventured out of the hotel later in the day, exploring the town and eating all the dessert they could find. Positano was a very pretty town, and they meandered through the crowds on foot, taking in every location. Again, Riddhima insisted on clicking a lot of photos. Armaan was only too happy to oblige.

They decided to go on a trek after some sightseeing. Riddhima could not believe she let Armaan talk her into a trek instead of going to the beach, but she humoured him nonetheless, after he promised that they could go to the beach later. Anyway, the sand would be too hot for them to go to the beach in the middle of the afternoon, or so Armaan said. After some research, which included calling the hotel for recommendations, Armaan had narrowed on a trail for them. Thankfully, they'd both dressed in comfy clothes and sneakers, as well as carried basic supplies like water and sunscreen for their little expedition, so they didn't need to go to the hotel.

"Here," Armaan pointed to a narrow path on a gentle slope along the coast. "This is it."

The first few miles were easy. Armaan helped Riddhima, guiding her to make sure she didn't step on any sharp rocks or branches. But then, Riddhima got tired. "That's it," she declared, sitting on a big rock. "Ab main aur nahi chal sakti."

"Basketttt! Bas thoda aur!" Armaan encouraged. "Hum almost pohonch gaye!"

"Armaan, main Amalfi aayi thi beach pe jaane. Pahaad chadhne nahi. Tum jao. Main yahin theek hoon," Riddhima huffed.

Sighing, Armaan turned around and bent. "What?" Riddhima asked. "Get on," Armaan commanded. "Main tumhe leke chalta hoon."

Riddhima giggled. "Muscles achche se bana liye?" She asked, remembering that time after she'd confessed to him, the second time, and he'd carried her all the way down the hill, jokingly complaining about her weight the entire time.

"Anything for my lovely wife," Armaan promised, turning to look at her, a beautiful smile on his face. Riddhima mirrored his smile, throwing herself around him in a hug, sending them both tumbling on the ground. Armaan burst into laughter at her actions. "Kya hua?" He asked between giggles.

Riddhima shrugged. "Felt like it."

Armaan readily accepted her answer without enquiring further. A few minutes later, he sat up, and helped Riddhima do too. He bent in front of her and this time, Riddhima climbed on to his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tightly wound her legs around his waist. "Chalein?" She asked. She was so close Armaan felt her breath on his neck, making him shudder. So, maybe this wasn't the best idea, he realized, feeling Riddhima's body flush against his. Well, too late to back out now. If he did, Riddhima would tease him about it forever. And, it wasn't like being this close to her was ever a hardship. He'd just have to have better control of his body and its reaction to her. He could do it. He'd done it for years already.

Steeling himself, Armaan nodded his assent and started walking up the hill. Riddhima picked up conversation a couple of minutes in, pleasantly droning about something or the other. It was not long before they reached the top to a spectacular view that made the climb worth it. Armaan let Riddhima down, absolutely awestruck. The sky was a pretty pinkish orange, the sun beginning to set on the horizon, casting the last of its rays on the deep blue sea. It looked more like a scene out of a painting than anything in real life. "Wow," Armaan breathed. Riddhima echoed his sentiment.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें