Chapter Nineteen

The next day dragged on.

Rahul still hadn't talked to Riddhima. She had trying calling him this morning. Thankfully, he had picked up. But all he said was that he was fine and that he needed time. He said he'd call her when he was ready to talk.

She kept her nose buried in work the whole day, only talking to Armaan. She had become a little clingy to him. Armaan knew she needed the reassurance so he just hugged her and kissed her and comforted her the best way he could.

In the evening, Rahul arrived at the hospital for his meeting with Dr. Shashank & Dr. Kirti. He was joining Sanjeevani again and they needed to hammer out some details before it was official.

The meeting was a little awkward, what with Rahul's melodrama the last night. However, they pulled through.

"Welcome back, Dr. Rahul. Aap kal se Sanjeevani waapas join kar sakte hai," Sr. Kirti said, congratulating him.

Rahul smiled widely.

"Dr. Kirti, kya aap humein kuch waqt de sakti hai? Mujhe Dr. Rahul se kuch baat karni hai," Dr. Shashank said.

Dr. Kirti nodded and left them alone.

"Shahsank Uncle - " Rahul started, as soon as she left, but Dr. Shashank held up a finger to stop him from speaking.

"Dr. Rahul, I hope ki aapka yeh naya safar Sanjeevani ke saath bohot hi successful aur fulfilling ho. Aap ek bohot hi kaabil doctor hai aur Sanjeevani ko aapse bohot ummeedein hain."

"Thank you, Dr. Shashank."

"Aap jaa sakte hain."

"Shashank Uncle, please. Aap samajh kyu nahi rahe hain? Mujhe us waqt samajh nahi aaya ki main kya sochu, kya samjhu? Gusse mein main kuch zyada hi aage badh gaya. I'm sorry."

"Rahul, dekho, tumhaare aur Riddhima ke beech mein jo bhi problems hain, main interfere nahi karunga. Jo kuch hua uske baad kahin na kahin tumhaara gussa sahi tha. Lekin, woh Riddhima ke liye tha. Tum ghar chodkar kyu chale gaye? Kya woh ghar sirf Riddhima ka hai? Mera, Padma, Anjali ka ya tumhaara nahi hai?"

"Aisi baat nahi hai, Shashank Uncle. Main Riddhima se kuch waqt door rehna chaahta hu. Agar gusse mein aakar maine kuch ulta - seedha keh diya, toh main usse aur dukh pohonchaane ki wajah se khudko maaf nahi kar paunga."

Dr. Shashank sighed, but nodded, agreeing with him.

"Theek hai. Par main umeed karta hu ki yeh saare problems jaldi khatam ho jayenge."

"Main koshish karunga, sir," Rahul replied, nodding.

Dr. Shashank smiled at him and congratulated him on the job. Rahul then left his cabin and went to the locker room.

He thought he'd arrange his locker - get rid of the unwanted things and then he could put in some of his stuff he had waiting in the car.

And, maybe he could relive those beautiful, magical days again - when he felt that the world was his, with an amazing job, the love of his life and the most amazing group of friends you could ask for.

But, now it was all different. Sure, he had gotten his job back, but what use was it, anyway? Muskaan was no longer there. Neither was Nikki. Armaan was an idiot. And Riddhima, she was a stranger.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें