Chapter One Hundred And Thirty Three

"So… What do you want to do?" Armaan asked Riddhima as they made their way outside the airport. "We have about 10 hours before the flight."

They had just touched down in Paris for a layover. Making sure that all their luggage was safely kept in one of the airport lounges, Riddhima had all but dragged Armaan outside. He had wanted to chill at the first class lounge and bask in all the luxuries of it. Riddhima had been tempted too, but she didn't want to be in Paris and see only the inside of the airport. So, she'd convinced her husband to be a little touristy. 

"Let's go to that I Love You Wall," Riddhima suggested. "We didn't get to see it the last time!"

The last time that they were in Paris was for a conference, but they'd taken full advantage of the trip and explored as many places in the city as their schedule allowed. Yet, seeing as they had been working for the majority of the time they'd spent in the city, or had been busy with the wedding ceremony for Riddhima's friends, Cole and Tessa, they hadn't been able to see the entirety of the city. 

The concierge at the hotel they'd stayed at the last time had suggested visiting the I Love You Wall as Riddhima fondly called it. It was a wall that had the words I Love You written in over 250 languages. It was apparently very famous with couples and a popular photography spot for honeymooners. 

"Seriously?" Armaan questioned. "Matlab hum kya woh ekdum typical honeymooners ki tarah behave karenge yeh sab cliche cheezein karke?"

"Uss din tum hi keh rahe the na? Cliches are cliches for a reason!" Riddhima fired back, very quickly reminding him of the words he'd said in that beautiful speech he'd given at their reception. "Plus, I don't care if it's cliche. I want to see the wall!! Please, Armaan!! Tum mere liye itna sa bhi nahi kar sakte?"

"Fine, fine!" Armaan agreed. "Let's go! But pehle we have to rent a car or something. Or do you want to walk?"

"Let's walk?" Riddhima suggested. "It's so pretty everywhere!"

"Yeh tumhaari paise bachaane ki koi nayi scheme toh nahi haina?" Armaan questioned.

"Armaan!" Riddhima rebuked. "Maine tumse promise kiya tha na… No more money talk! You're right. This is our honeymoon. Aur aisi sab baatein karke main isse spoil nahi karna chaahti. And I don't want to hurt Dad either. So, we'll have fun and I won't think about how much everything costs. But, Paris is such a beautiful city. Hum kyu gaadi mein travel karke sab miss karein? We can walk!"

"Fineeeee. I'll believe you for now," Armaan told her. "But I've got my eyes on you, Dr. Mallik!" His threat didn't land the way it was meant to, because he was grinning too wide as he called her Dr. Mallik. Riddhima predictably blushed, making him smile wider.

"Okay, Dr. Mallik," she agreed. "Whatever you say!"

"Okay, but if we're going to walk, I think humein shoes lene chahiye. Don't you think?" Armaan asked, gesturing to the slippers they'd both worn, for comfort on the flight. 

"You're right," Riddhima murmured in agreement. 

"There!" Armaan gestured to a boutique that was conveniently located inside the airport. "Wahaan se le lete hain."

Riddhima acquiesced and they both went into the shop. Once inside, they were promptly attended to by the staff there, who thankfully knew English. "We're looking for walking shoes," Armaan explained. "To explore the city on foot."

"Wise choice," Braden, the employee, complimented. "We have just the thing you need!"

He showed the couple a variety of shoes, and they ended up buying more than one, just because of the sheer comfort of them. "We're gonna need them in Amalfi too," Armaan reasoned. "Aur phir meri saaliyon ki list mein joote toh zaroor honge hi! So, we'll buy for them too!"

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें