Chapter Hundred

Turns out, Armaan really shouldn't have worried. He aced the exams, just like Riddhima had anticipated. There had been a huge celebration the evening that the results were declared because everyone had performed beautifully, but Armaan, who was the most unsure and worried about his performance, had somehow been the one who scored the highest out of all of them. Riddhima had been extremely proud of him, too. She'd thrown him a party to celebrate and then treated him out to dinner the next day.

After that, everyone got busy with their own schedules at work. They didn't get to hang out as much because they were all working in different wards under different doctors during different shifts. It took its toll on them, but they all did their best to adjust to this new normal of theirs. One where they couldn't just go see each other when they felt like it, when they didn't spend their breaks in the cafeteria goofing around together. It was weird for all of them, and yes, it was a little depressing, but they made do. Plus, it made the time they spent together so much more valued.

To make up for all the lost time, they'd started hanging out together on Sunday mornings. It was not as much time as they were used to, but it was something, and that was what mattered. They all knew that slowly they'd get acclimated to this as well.

But tonight... tonight was different. RK & Madhu, yes the same RK who Muskaan was once engaged to, had gotten married and they were having their reception today, to which the entire gang was invited. It was also the last night before Riddhima & Rahul went to Delhi for some All India Sanjeevani Induction Programme for doctors who wished to work in gynaecology and paediatrics. Armaan had been sulking about it since the day he found out about it because they would be going for 5 whole days and when was the last time he'd stayed away from Riddhima for so long?

Everyone had taken the opportunity to tease Armaan about being a clingy boyfriend (It's fiance! Armaan had corrected them a million times). He didn't say anything else though, because they were right and he was being clingy, but he would just miss her so much. He wondered how Muskaan was taking it so well, but then, he didn't understand the workings of her brain, so he let it be. He was just determined to make the most of the day they had and enjoy.

Muskaan had already left for the party seeing as she was really close to the entire family and wanted to be there to greet the guests as well. Rahul had tagged along with her. Nikki and Abhi would be going later because Nikki found it difficult to spend too much time on her feet with the advancing pregnancy. Which is why, Armaan was going to be taking not just Riddhima, but Anjali and Atul to the party also. He hated that they'd have those two kabbab mein haddis but then he couldn't really do anything about it.

So, he sucked it up and picked Atul up at 7 and the two boys left for the Guptas together where they were greeted by Nani. Armaan hugged her and sought her blessings, followed quickly by Atul who did the same.

"Aaj toh tune bade hi dashing lag rahe ho," Nani complimented them.

"Thank you, Nani!" They chorussed.

"Aao, baitho. Anjali aur Riddhima bhi abhi aati hi hogi," she instructed them.

"Hospital mein sab kaisa chal raha hai?" She asked them. "Ab exams ka result aa gaya toh bohot kaam hoga na?"

"Kaam toh bohot hai, Nani," Armaan replied. "Lekin bohot seekhne bhi mil raha hai. Ab hum sab poora time saath mein nahi rehte toh sabko thoda time lag raha hai adjust hone mein... aur waise bhi... Abhi toh bas 2-4 din hi hue hain."

"Hmmmm," Nani agreed. "Bas tum achche se kaam karo."

"Of course, Nani Maa!" Atul cried. "Hum sab bohot mehnat karte hain."

"Aur apne busy schedule mein se time nikaalke aa jaaya karo kabhi yahaan bhi. Aajkal toh aate hi nahi," she mocked. "Itne busy ho gaye ho kya?"

"Sorry!" Atul apologized.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें