Chapter Eighty Nine

Kasauli was cold. Very cold. Colder than Riddhima remembered. They hadn't been there for 5 minutes, and she was already shivering. Armaan, Rahul, and Muskaan were used to the cold, but being a Mumbai girl through and through, Riddhima didn't really do well in such low temperatures. For a minute, she cursed herself for not having gone back to Mumbai with the others, but she dismissed that thought as soon as it entered her mind. Being here was really important to Armaan. So much that he had absolutely not stopped talking about it since last night. He'd missed Bi so much. It was really meant a lot to him to see her.

"Um, guys, pehle ghar chalte hain," Armaan suggested. "Saamaan dump kar denge aur thoda rest kar lenge. Phir shaam ko Bi se milne chale jaayenge. Unki help bhi ho jaayegi, shaam ki crowd ko attend karne mein."

Rahul agreed. The cafe got really crowded in the evenings. Kids from college and even from school would go there to hang out and relax. When they'd been in college, Armaan & Rahul had both helped Bi in managing the huge crowd.

They rented a car and then drove to Armaan's house. It had been more than 3 years since Armaan had left Kasauli and apart from those few days he'd come back here post his break up with Riddhima, this house hadn't ever been used, but still, Armaan couldn't bring himself to sell it off. He had many happy memories here, with his friends, with Bi, with Nikki, and they were all very precious to him. He couldn't think of someone else living in this place and sullying those memories. So, he kept the house, not even renting it out, while he stayed in Mumbai.

When they reached home, Muskaan rushed in the second Armaan unlocked the house, excited to see what was inside. Armaan & Rahul made to follow, but Armaan stopped when he saw Riddhima stare at the house, unblinking, a pensive look on her face. He gestured for Rahul to carry on and stuck behind, wanting to talk to Riddhima.

Riddhima though, was lost in memories. She remembered clearly, the last time she'd been here. Things had been so incredibly bad back then. She'd broken up with Armaan, they were both hurting so much, especially Armaan. It had been so bad for him that he'd come here, to get away from the pain. She'd never forget his sad eyes, his heartbroken face. She'd done that to him. She'd made the happy - go - lucky always laughing Armaan turn into someone who forgot to smile. As she remembered all that she'd said and done, tears fell from her eyes. The next second, she was enveloped in Armaan's arms. She looked up at him & saw her staring back at her with nothing but love.

"Oyye," he whispered softly. "Yeh kya hai?" He asked, catching a tear.

Riddhima just shook her head, unable to say anything and hugged Armaan closer, resting her head on his chest.

"Basket," Armaan reprimanded, hugging her tighter. "Tum kyu ro rahi ho?"

She still kept quiet, pulling herself closer and closer.

"Oyye, Meenakumari! Pani ki tanki kabhi band nahi hoti kya?" He joked.

Riddhima shook her head. "Nahi," she blubbered.

Armaan laughed and kissed the top of her head. "Kya hua, jaana?" He asked again.

"Pichli baar jab main yahaan aayi thi tab..." she trailed off.

"Oho!" Armaan exclaimed, shaking his head fondly. "Tum na... har cheez ko leke kitna sochti ho."

He pulled back and wiped her tears, pecking her lips and then her forehead.

"Armaan... Humaari yahaan bohot sad memories haina?" Riddhima asked.

"Hmmm," Armaan pretended to think. "Hai toh," he finally answered. "Aur sab tumhaari wajah se."

"Mujhe pata hai!" Riddhima exclaimed. "Hamesha sab meri wajah se hota hai! I'm sorry!"

"Basket!" Armaan exclaimed. "Tum bohot jaldi serious ho jaati ho! I was joking."

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें