Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Nine

"Ready?" Riddhima asked Nikki who nodded exuberantly. Nikki had finally been discharged along with the twins just a couple hours ago, and now they were standing outside Nikki & Abhi's home, ready to welcome the babies home.

"So ready," Nikki said. "Home. Finally!"

"Let's go!" Armaan cheered, herding the trio. Armaan & Riddhima had volunteered to bring them home seeing as Riddhima needed to oversee the discharge anyway, giving the rest of their family time to prepare for a welcome home party for the new family.

Vani and Alka greeted them at the door, performing an aarti before letting them enter the house, where the entire gang was waiting. Thankfully, owing to the kids, they were mindful of not making loud noises.

"Oh, this is so gorgeous!" Nikki whispered, taking in the beautifully decorated hall. The gang had gone all out, creating two separate decors, one for each of the twins.

"Thank you!" She cried, forgetting about the sleeping baby in her arms, making Abhin cry at the interruption. "Oh, I'm so sorry, baby," she immediately soothed her son, hugging his tiny body to hers and rocking him in hopes of getting him to settle down. Unfortunately, Abhin seemed to be in no mood to listen to his mom's pleas. Vani stepped in, taking the baby into her arms. She circled around the room, humming in hushed tones for just the baby to hear. Soon enough, Abhin had gone back to sleep. When she was sure he wouldn't wake, Vani passed him back to Nikki.

"Jab tu choti thi... Aise hi sulaati thi main tujhe," Vani commented idly.

"I'm so bad at this, Mom," Nikki despaired, ignoring what Vani had said. "Main apne bachchon ka dhyaan bhi nahi rakh sakti!"

"It's okay, Nikki," Alka told her. "Abhi toh bas kuch din hue hain. Dheere - dheere tum sab seekh jaogi. Iss tarah struggle karna toh kaafi normal hai. Aur upar se tumhe toh ek saath do - do bachchon ka dhyaan rakhna hai. Ho jaata hai aise mein."

"Haan," Vani agreed. "It's a learning curve. You were a baby so you don't remember, but I remember how bad I was very vividly. Ek din mein thodi sab seekh jaate hain? It takes time! Don't be so hard on yourself."

"Aur hum sab isliye haina yahaan... To help you out with everything," Riddhima added. "You don't have to worry about anything. Kabhi bhi koi problem ho toh all of us are here for you!"

"I know," Nikki replied. "And I'm so grateful. Thank you!"

"Oyye, manners ki dukaan! Ab tu thank you bolegi?" Armaan snarked. "Tere bachche humaare kuch nahi lagte kya?"

"Haan, Nikki," Atul pouted. "Agar main inke saath zyada time spend nahi karunga toh main favourite mamu kaise banunga?"

"Champ," Rahul explained patiently. "Maine tujhe pehle bhi kaha tha na... Favourite mamu toh main hi banunga!"

"Tum dono favourite mamu ke liye ladte rahe ho," Armaan encouraged. "Kyuki main toh favourite ban'ne wala hoon, period. They're gonna like me best out all of you!"

"Tum sabka phir shuru ho gaya," Vani shook her head. "Yeh same argument tum pichle do din mein kitni baar kar chuke ho?" She asked.

"Aunty, aap inse yehi poochiye ki inhone iss argument ke alawa kiya kya hai... Cause inhone sach mein kuch aur nahi kiya hai," Riddhima laughed. "Kal raat ko phone pe bhi same ladayi chal rahi thi."

Armaan pouted. "Basketttttt!"

"What? Maine kuch galat kaha kya?" She asked. Armaan shrugged.

"Tum log yeh ladayi mein apna time faltu mein waste kar rahe ho," Abhi announced. "I mean... Tum kitna bhi lad lo... Andar se toh sabko pata haina? The babies are obviously going to love Riddhima the most."

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें