Chapter Twenty Seven

Riddhima pulled Muskaan aside when she was on her lunch break. Thankfully, for Riddhima, she was alone and not accompanied by anyone from their gang or the interns. This wasn't a conversation that Riddhima wanted to happen in front of an audience.

"Mujhe tujhse baat karni hai," she told Muskaan.

Muskaan knew all too well where this conversation would be headed. However, she wasn't ready for that yet. She had gone to see Rahul because she was worried sbout him and what to make sure that he was okay. No amount of reassurances from her friends had been enough. She needed hto see him from her own eyes to make sure he really was fine. So, after trying to get some sleep, in vain, and tossing and turning in her bed, Muskaan had driven to the hospital to go see Rahul.

The relief that had surged through her on seeing him was not anything she could describe in words for the rest of her life. He was laying on his bed, asleep, blissfully unaware of his surroundings. Armaan was also sleeping on the sofa in the side of the room.

Not sparing much of a thought towards how Armaan got in, seeing as she knew about his and Rahul's tiff, she made her way to the bed. She sat down on the chair provided next to the bed and took sometime to gaze at him.

He looked the same. Sleeping peacefully, unaware of her standing so close, he looked handsome and cute and adorable and just about any other adjective Muskaan could think of. She couldn't resist running her fingers through his hair like she had done on several occasions previously. As if understanding what was going on, Rahul turned so that his head was closer to Muskaan, with a small smile playing on his lips.

Muskaan had sat there, just admiring him for a while, deciding that she would leave early, before everyone came so that no one knew about this. She must have fallen asleep though, because the next thing she remembered was the noise that woke her up. And she saw Riddhima standing in front of her.

Which had gotten her into this situation right at this moment.

"Muski! Kya soch rahi hai? Mujhe tujhse bohot important baat karni hai. Tu chal mere saath," Riddhima said, snapping her fingers in front of Muskaan.

That seemed to snap her out of her thoughts and she looked up at Riddhima, alarmed.

"Kya hua tujhe?"

"Kuch... kuch nahi, mujhe kya ho sakta hai?"

"Toh kahaan khoyi hui hai? Main kabse tujhse baat karne ki koshish kar rahi hu, lekin tu toh apni hi duniya mein hai."

"Abhi, abhi baat karna zaroori hai?"

"Haan, warna kyu aati main?"

"Ridzy hum baad mein baat karte haina, please!"

"Kyu?"

"Ridzy, main bohot thak gayi hu, aaj subah se duty kar rahi hu aur kal raat sahi se neend bhi nahi aayi mujhe. Ab sirf 15 minute ka mera break hai, kuch time ke liye aaraam karna hai mujhe, please," Muskaan ranted. She really wanted to be alone right now. And not think about Rahul. At all.

Riddhima who knew when to say when, knew it wasn't going to do any good pressuring Muskaan like this, so she leave it be.

"Theek hai. Chal, tujhe canteen mein paranthe khilaati hu. Sunaa hai bohot amazing aur tasty hote hai," Riddhima said.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें