Chapter One Hundred and Forty Five

They landed in Rome, all excitement and happiness. The two days of rest in Positano had recharged them completely and they were ready to take Rome by storm in the 12 hours that they had before they had to take a flight to Delhi.

Depositing all their luggage in the airport lounge, for which Armaan had had to pay extra because they'd exceeded the baggage limit set by the airline, they started their tour. As always, on foot. All the walking had definitely toned their body, even if just a smidge.

Riddhima was extremely excited, and had taken it upon herself to build their itinerary for the day. They started with the Leonardo Da Vinci museum, ooh-ing and aah-ing over all the wonders they found there, after which they visited the St. Peter's Basilica, a very famous church.

They were walking down the street to their next destination, a bistro that had come highly recommended by Google, when Riddhima stopped in her tracks. On the display of one of the couture designer boutiques, was the most beautiful wedding dress she'd ever seen. Unbidden, her feet took her to the display. "So gorgeous," she whispered to herself, her fingers running over the glass longingly.

"Let's buy it," Armaan murmured from beside her. If this dress made her happy, then this dress she'd have.

Riddhima snorted. "Armaan, this is a wedding dress. Iska main kya karungi?"

"Let's get married," he shrugged. Riddhima looked at him. No, she gawked. Sometimes, her husband didn't make any sense. "We're already married," she pointed out.

"Toh?" Armaan questioned. "Hum phir se shaadi nahi kar sakte kya? It'll give you an occasion to wear the dress."

"You want us to get married again so I can wear a dress?" Riddhima questioned.

"I want to marry you again because I love you," Armaan replied. He'd just blurted the first words that had come to his mind when Riddhima had looked at the dress, but now that he'd said it, Armaan realized just how good of an idea it really was. They should get married again. A vow renewal, so to say. Something just for them. Not that their actual wedding hadn't been good, because it had been. It had been nothing short of perfect. And even though Armaan didn't remember much from the day apart from Riddhima's gorgeous smile, it was still the happiest day of his life and would always be.

But, he also liked the idea of this. They'd already proclaimed their love for each other loudly by getting married in that pompous ceremony. Now, he wanted to love his wife quietly, to make a million promises to her and just her, and nobody else. To have this little piece of them to keep private, for nobody but them to know it. It made sense, given how their relationship had started. For so long, it had been just the two of them (and Rahul). And then, everyone found out and at times it felt like every aspect of their relationship was public knowledge because their friends were so nosy. And well, Armaan loved his friends but sometimes, he didn't want them to know every little detail about his life.

He realized that a wedding was not a little detail by any means, but again, like Riddhima had pointed out, they were already married. This was not hiding so much as just a very intimate moment with his wife that he didn't want to share with the world.

"Are you serious?" Riddhima squeaked, a little hopeful, a lot excited. Because it was one of the more brilliant ideas her husband had had and frankly, the moment those words had come out of his mouth she had wanted to kiss him silly and say yes and marry him again because she was so hopelessly in love. It would be so beautiful, she realized. Just her and her husband, promising to love each other. She was oddly reminded of that moment many months ago when Armaan had surprised her by filling his room with her pictures. He'd made a promise that day, to love her forever and to never hurt her. She would never be able to express in words just how much that had meant to her.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें