Chapter Twenty Nine

Showered and changed, Armaan and Riddhima set outside to get food for everyone. Getting in everyone's order was a task in itself, but then, what do you expect when you're bringing food for 15 people? After a lot of shouting, arguing and confusion, they had everyone's food choices in a list.

Armaan held the door open for Riddhima, settling her in the passenger seat. After she was seated, he sat in the car and drove to their destination. Armaan drove single handedly with one hand in Riddhima's.

"I'm sorry, Jaan. Aaj kitchen mein jo bhi hua. Bohot stupid tha," he said after sometime, breaking the silence.

"It's okay, Armaan. Aur waise bhi galti toh meri hai. Tumne galti se mujhpe sauce giraya tha, woh toh maine hi tumpe jaan boojhkar gravy feki. I'm sorry," Riddhima replied.

"It's okay," Armaan said, "Lekin bohot mazaa aaya na?"

"Bohot," Riddhima replied, grinning widely.

They reached the restaurant and Armaan placed the order. They were given a booth to wait in while their food was prepared and packed.

Riddhima slid in with Armaan sitting beside her. Wasting no time, Armaan put his arms around her, pulling her in. Riddhima grinned widely, blushing as Armaan kissed her head, telling her he loved her.

They both sat, content in each other's arms before the teller rang their order up. They placed everything in the car and then Armaan drove them back home.

Back at home, things were really awkward between Rahul and Muskaan. They didn't know what to say to each other past the customary Hi' and How are you?'

Rahul had been spellbound by her beauty when he first saw her. It felt as if she had grown even more gorgeous during their time apart, if it were possible.

He had, for the lack of better word, gaped at her for the longest time before Muskaan felt his gaze on him. When she turned to look at him, he had quickly looked away, blushing brightly.

Atul and Anjali had watched the exchange, smirking the whole time, at their two friends who were behaving like teenagers.

Rahul had literally stuttered and fumbled like a starstruck 16 year old boy when he tried to talk to Muskaan. Tried being the key word because all that left his mouth was gibberish. Muskaan had tried her best not laugh. All her initial awkwardness had quickly vanished when Rahul had tried to talk to her and wasn't able to find his voice. It gave her assurance that he was as clueless and nervous about the whole thing as she was.

So, she had hugged him, kind of, if you counted someone wrapping their arms around someone and letting go immediately, a hug. And then, she asked him how was he doing, what had he been upto this past year and how was he coping with the accident. He had answered her questions, mimicking them to her. She answered that she had been at the Chandigarh branch of Sanjeevani and that she was good.

Post that, they both sat on opposite ends of the room, stealing glances at each other when they thought no one was looking, which clearly was not the case. It was the greatest source of amusement for their friends, while the new interns looked on, confused. The intense scrutiny was making them uncomfortable but there was no way they were going to say anything to anyone and increase the already tense and awkward air surrounding them.

Armaan and Riddhima showed up sometime later and they could not have been happier. Everybody's attention shifted to the food. Riddhima went to the kitchen and plated everything up, bringing the food out.

She smirked when she kept Armaan's plate in front of him, which, for Armaan should have been a sign that his girl was upto no good, but the poor thing was so hungry that he just delved into his plate without thinking.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें