Chapter Fifty Five

Armaan was speechless. There was no other word for it. Of all things in the world, this was not what he was expecting when he walked in the door.

For all he bragged about having done in life, he'd never ever had a surprise birthday party. When he was a kid, his parents were always busy in their own lives to ever make time for a party, and so, his birthday consisted of a gift which they'd give to him at breakfast, which was also where they'd make him cut a cake and then everyone went about their day as if there was nothing special about it. Their breakfast was a nice tradition as far as family traditions went, but he always wondered what it would be like to have a party. His parents never forbade him from inviting anyone over, and they wouldn't have objected to a birthday party, but somehow, Armaan never had the heart to have one for himself. He loved going to his friends' parties but never had one of his own. His friends often questioned him about it but he always said that he liked to spend the day with his family, even though he spent it all alone.

Padma Mom was the first to hug him, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Happy Birthday, Armaan," she said, kissing his cheek.

Then, everybody took turns to wish him a happy birthday and Armaan accepted all hugs and slaps on the back and kisses grinning widely.

"Okay! Agar sabne Armaan ko wish karliya ho toh ab cake kaate?" Shashank asked.

"Main lekar aati hu," Riddhima answered, smiling mischevously at Armaan. He didn't know what to make off it. But, when she came out with the cake, he knew.

 But, when she came out with the cake, he knew

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The cake was out of his dreams, he was sure. He'd told her once, about the kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, if he ever had a party. When they were kids, Mario had been all the craze and many of his friends had those special Mario themed birthday cakes for their parties. Armaan had told about how he had always wanted one of those for his own celebration when he was a kid. And Riddhima, being the sweetheart that she was had fulfilled his wish.

In that moment, all Armaan wanted to do was huge Riddhima forever. She was such a love. He didn't have words. First, she'd thrown him a surprise party and now, she got him his cake. How could this girl be so perfect? Armaan thought to himself.

It was a loud affair with everyone shouting and laughing and hugging. All the important people in his life in one room, celebrating him. He didn't think this would ever be possible. But, it was happening and he was so happy that it was.

When it was time for presents, Armaan tried to refuse, vehementaly, but no one listened. He got a plant from Atul, which was predicatble but, it was an ivy shrub. Armaan didn't really understand what it meant, but Atul explained that ivy symbolized long friendships. Friendships that lasted decades and decades. Armaan was touched by the gesture and gave his Champ a nice, tight hug as a thank you. It was even more important because Armaan knew this was from Atul's own nursery and that he hadn't just gone out and bought it.

 It was even more important because Armaan knew this was from Atul's own nursery and that he hadn't just gone out and bought it

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें