Chapter Ninety Seven

“Mom aur Dad ne bataya kya baat karni hai?” Riddhima asked Armaan as they both walked up to his house after another tiring day of work. Sadly, skipping work because you were up late the night before, celebrating the fact that you were going to get married in a few months was not done, or so Dr. Keerti ordered anyway.

The night before, after the date for the wedding had been fixed, the entire clan had celebrated and how. Billy had broken out the champagne and toasted to their new journey, and lots of hugs and congratulations had been passed around. The gang had started planning almost immediately, talking about everything from what they would wear to what the theme for every ceremony would be. 

After dinner and more wedding talks, Armaan & Riddhima had made a few calls to a few very important people. Bi, who had left earlier in the morning (she’d only flown in for the engagement and had had to go back ASAP because Rahim Chachu could only do so much at the cafe) had been the first on the list. She’d been extremely happy to know that Armaan & Riddhima were finally getting married and it was audible in every word she said. 

After Bi, they’d called Riddhima’s friends in London - Cole & Tessa, and the rest of the gang who was also at work then - and given them the good news, well in advance so that they could arrange for work leaves and flight schedules. Tessa had squealed the loudest and Cole had merely responded with an it’s about damn time making both Armman & Riddhima laugh. Nate got a little emotional as he had the propensity to do before the others were able to control him. Their other friends, Ray & Donna, who Armaan hadn’t met yet, also congratulated the couple and jokingly threatened Armaan with bodily harm if he ever hurt Riddhima. 

The next call had been to Armaan’s therapist, Emma, and the three of them spent a long time catching up before Riddhima finally broke the news to her. Emma, uncharacteristically, got really emotional on hearing the news and squealed loudly, making Armaan laugh. After lots of shouting and screaming, she finally contained herself enough to congratulate the couple and promise them that she would not miss the wedding for anything in the world.

It made both Armaan & Riddhima so happy to see everyone so very ecstatic about the news. They'd been through so much together, and all these wonderful people had helped them overcome everything that happened. Now, as they started preparing for their new journey, both of them felt it was important that these people be a part of it, at every step of the way and seeing them so enthusiastic and joyous and happy made it so much better. 

"Nahi bataya," Armaan replied to Riddhima's question. "Billy was saying ki surprise hai. But… God knows kaisa surprise hai."

"Armaan!" Riddhima reprimanded, looping her arm through his. "Stop it! I'm sure kuch achcha hi hoga. Tumhe pata haina mom aur dad dono kitne excited hain?"

"Hmmmm," Armaan mumbled in reply, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. 

"Tum please zyada overreact mat karna. Ek baar unhe bolne dena before jumping to conclusions," Riddhima instructed Armaan as they stood outside the house, waiting for the door to open. 

"Yeah, yeah," Armaan mumbled. 

"Riddhima!!" Ananya exclaimed, the second she opened the door, and pulled Riddhima in for a hug. "Ahhh! I've missed you, beta!"

"Mom… Aap usse kal raat ko hi mili thi," Armaan replied, rolling his eyes. 

"Shut up, Armaan!" Both Riddhima & Ananya replied in unison. They looked at each other and then cracked up. 

"Riddhi!!" Billy cried, when they were in the living room, pulling her into a tight hug as well. "Tujhe kitna miss kiya!"

"Haan, haan. Sabne toh bas Riddhima ko hi miss kiya. Meri toh iss ghar mein koi value hi nahi rahi ab," Armaan sulked. 

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें