Chapter One Hundred and Forty Two

"So, ab aage ka kya plan hai?" Riddhima asked, as they stepped out of their hotel. After they'd bid goodbye to Aurora, Zoya, Nora, and Nicholas, Armaan had spoken to the receptionist at the hotel and managed to snag a suite for them for the rest of their time there. The hotel had been very helpful and had agreed to transport all their luggage from the Sirenuse. However, they'd needed to rush back to pack all their stuff and check out of their room over there. The hotels had some sort of tie-up which meant that they hadn't lost any money in the cancellations, for which Riddhima was grateful.

Their room at the San Pietro was definitely more lavish. It was a large suite, with a huge master bedroom that boasted a king size bed, a dining room separate from the living room, a balcony with a small breakfast table, and a separate balcony which housed the swimming pool part of which doubled as a hot tub along with lounge chairs. They even had a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Riddhima had had half a mind to stay back at the hotel to make full use of their luxuries, but Armaan had assured her that he'd kept in mind to keep a couple of lazy days in their itinerary where all they would do would be stay in bed, so she had agreed to go out and explore, but not before Armaan had talked her into christening the jacuzzi.

"Let's go on that moped tour!" Armaan suggested.

"Moped? Tumhe chalani aati hai?" Riddhima asked.

"Of course!" Armaan sniffed. "What sort of question is that?"

"A normal one?" Riddhima replied, her response coming off more like a question in her confusion.

"Basket! Tumhe aisa kyun laga mujhe moped chalani nahi aayegi? Tumne meri bike dekhi haina?" Armaan probed.

"Haan, but bike aur moped same thodi hai!" Riddhima defended herself. "Plus, I can't really picture you on a moped."

"Well, lucky for you, you won't have to picture it any longer! Tumhe live dekhne mil jaayega!" Armaan exclaimed. "Chaloooo! Let's gooo!!"

Riddhima laughed, letting herself be swept away by Armaan's enthusiasm as he basically ran through the streets in his bid to get to a rental place fast. When they finally found one, he took ages to finally pick a vehicle.

"Armaan!!!" Riddhima cried, annoyed, as he sat on the 4th scooter, testing it out by bouncing on the seat a little. "Kya kar rahe ho tum?"

"Basket," he explained patiently, "we have to choose the right one! Warna phir agar beech raaste mein kharaab ho gayi toh humaare saare plans pe paani phir jaayega!"

"Aur iska engine sahi hai ya nahi yeh tumhe seat pe jump karne se pata chalega?" Riddhima questioned.

"No!" Armaan exclaimed, the proverbial light bulb going off in his head. "You're right. Wait. Let me ask if they'll let me do a test drive!"

"That was not what I wanted when I asked you the question!" Riddhima protested, aghast. She'd thought it would deter him from trying out various scooters and just pick one. She hadn't thought it would make the entire process more cumbersome. But, that was on her. She should have known. This was her husband. When had he ever done anything to make her life easier? It was like his entire purpose of existence was to annoy her. And he was accomplishing his objective really well!

"Too late, sweetheart!" Armaan called out as he walked to the office. Riddhima rushed behind him.

"Hey! Can I take them on a test drive to choose one?" Armaan asked the clerk manning the counter.

"Sure," the man, Matt, replied. He pulled out a key and gave it to Armaan. "I'll come with you."

"Wow," Armaan mused. "Thanks! This was so easy! I thought I'd have to try harder to convince you."

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें