Chapter Forty

Armaan sat beside Nate, sighing.

Nate turned to look at him and raised an eyebrow in question.

"I have to take madam shopping! Apparently the girls have given her long lists and she wants to get a move on," Armaan whined.

Nate burst out laughing.

"Better you than me, bro!"

Armaan made a face. "Whatever. Some friend you are. What were you saying at the airport?" Armaan pretended to think. "Yes. You're family. This how you treat family?"

"Abso - freaking - lutely."

"I don't like you," Armaan announced.

Nate just chuckled in reply.

"Dude, like I said, better me than you."

"That's true. What do you think about accompanying us?" Armaan asked cheekily.

"No, thank you."

Armaan laughed.

Nate and Armaan chit - chatted, joking around till Riddhima came out.

She looked absolutely pretty, having thrown a cute jacket over her tee to protect herself from the cold.

"Chale?" She asked Armaan, tying her scarf around her neck.

Armaan nodded and got up.

"Hey! Any of guys wanna join us?" Riddhima asked.

"And shop? No thank you," Nate replied.

"I can come with you guys! If you give me a few minutes," Erica replied.

Riddhima was taken aback as she wasn't expecting Erica to agree, she had just asked her out of politeness because it would look bad if she asked Nate and not her.

Armaan, on the other hand, was busy shooting glares at Nate.

"Ummm... Erica, why don't you stay back? I think we should go through our presentation again."

"Come on, Nate! Live a little! We can work on the presentation later," Erica replied.

"No, we can't! We're presenting tomorrow. And it needs to be good. I'm not going to be the laughing stock just because you refuse to work. As it is, we're here in a professional capacity and not on a holiday," Nate said.

"Fine," Erica agreed, making a face.

Armaan mouthed an I love you' to Nate.

He turned to leave to see Riddhima standing there with her hands on her hips and a stern expression on her face.

"Kya hua?" Armaan asked.

"Aise jaoge tum?"

"Haan, kyu?"

Riddhima just shook her head and moved to his room, muttering under her breath.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें