Chapter Nine

That night, Riddhima came home deep in thought. She was thinking about Armaan's demand from the morning. He wanted her to take him out on a date. Of all things he could have asked for, Riddhima had definitely not seen that coming. She thought he would have asked her for a kiss or a number of kisses for some time or maybe that she didn't complain when he tried to get some alone time with her or she let him romance her all the time, whenever he wanted. Definitely not this.

Granted, the things he had said were true. In the 4 years of their relationship, she hadn't taken him out on a date. Hell, she hadn't given him a decent gift or a surprise in their time together. But, in her defense, it was her first relationship and she had known jack about boys before she met Armaan. Armaan had been the experienced one. He knew all the ways to make a girl swoon and fall for him. He knew that he should give her gifts and surprise her and take her out on dates. Though, their dates before had never gone well, landing them in prison cells. But that was not the case now. The dates that they had been on recently had been nothing short of amazing.

They had gone to various different restaurants and sampled a variety of food, ranging from Chinese to Continental to Russian and Mexican. They would order different things and share and discuss their opinion on the taste and texture of the food as if they were professional chefs. Sometimes, they went for movies. They alternated in various genres, trying something new. Riddhima had formed a liking to suspense thriller movies - much to her surprise while Armaan loved horror movies, more because of the fact that Riddhima clung to him tightly throughout the movie than anything else. They took long drives and walked along the beach, talking about everything under the sun. Sometimes they ate at the stalls and thelas on the road.

Apart from all the clich dates that they had been on, Armaan sometimes took her on out of the box dates. He took her to the reading of one of her favourite authors once. She was a romance novelist and talked about love. Though the session had been too girly and sappy for Armaan's liking, he had loved Riddhima's reaction to it. They went bungee jumping and go - karting and paintballing once. Riddhima totally kicked Armaan's ass at go - karting and paintballing, while he thawed her at bungee jumping. Armaan even taught Riddhima to ride a bike on her insistence. He was surprised at first and refused, thinking it would be too dangerous for her, but in the end he finally gave in due to her persistence.

They even went clubbing on some occasions. Though Riddhima didn't particularly like the loud music, she knew Armaan loved to go there. He had given up so much for her - so many of his habits and his interests for her. It was the least she could do for him. So once in a while, she would insist they go clubbing. After a few visits, she got used to the music and found it tolerable. Armaan saw right through her though, so he would insist they leave after some time knowing that she waouldn't let him leave immediately and guilt trip him into staying somehow.

Off all the dates they had been on, Riddhima loved it when they stayed in. Especially at Armaan's. He would tinker with his guitar and sing for her. His voice was absolutely magical.

Riddhima was lost in her own world, thinking about Armaan and his voice, when Anjali's voice brought her out of her reverie.

"Ridzy!" She called out.

"Hi Di."

"Kya soch rahi hai? Armaan ke baare mein?" Anjy asked in a teasing tone.

Riddhima blushed, causing Anjy to smirk and tease her some more.

After a short teasin session, Riddhima got irriated. "Bas Di! Kyu pareshaan kar rahe ho mujhe?"

"Achcha theek hai. Main tujhe pareshaan nahi karti. Let's talk. Main jabse aayi hu, humne achche se baat hi nahi ki hai!"

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें