Chapter Thirty Eight

Armaan and Riddhima spent some much needed time together that evening. Armaan took Riddhima out to one of their favourite restaurants for dinner. They sat in a secluded booth and talked in hush whispers, stealing kisses every now and then. They went to Udaan for a while and spent some time with everybody, finally winding up on the beach for a leisurely stroll, still wrapped up in each other.

Armaan dropped Riddhima home with a long, deep kiss that rendered them both breathless and a whispered I love you.'

It was one of their best nights in the past few days.

Unfortunately, that was the only alone time they got before it was their schedules caught up with them again.

And in no time, it was the day were flying for Paris. They were going for the wedding immediately after the conference and it was just a matter of moving from their hotel to the private villa that Cole had rented for the wedding.

Armaan was pretty excited about the whole thing. He got to be with his baby for the next few days without the constant interruptions of their friends and family. In his dictionary, that was gold, even if they had to be there for the conference for most of the day. The evenings and the nights were going to be theirs. And he had complete intentions of spending all this time together.

Riddhima was pretty excited too, for a change. Armaan was really surprised when she told him that. She also said that she just wanted to spend some goddamn time with the love of her life without worrying about anything else' which had earned her a smacking kiss from said love of her life'.

The dawned bright and early. Armaan and Riddhima reached the hospital earlier than regular to finish off their pending work and to handover the remaining to the gang who were going to split all of their cases amongst themselves so as to not burden one person with the workload. It was easy, because like their internship days, Armaan & Riddhima were working together most of the time and had the same patients.

The interns threw them a sort of All the Best' party in the cafeteria.

Armaan and Riddhima were deeply touched by the fact.

"Thank you, so much," Riddhima said, hugging Naina.

"Di, isme thank you kehne waali kaunsi baat hai? Aap dono itni important conference ke liye jaa rahe ho. Hum aapke saath aa nahi sakte toh kya hua. Atleast aapko wish toh jar sakte haina."

Armaan smiled on hearing this. "Thanks guys!" He said, before hugging Yuvi and then Naina. Surprisingly, Armaan and Riddhima also hugged Sid and Su. Of course, their relationship was still tensed and strenuous, but in the past few days, all of them had put efforts to leave the awkwardness behind, especially with Yuvi and Naina getting closer to Armaan and Riddhima.

"All the best," Sid whispered. "Thank you," Armaan replied.

In the meanwhile, the gang had also come to the cafeteria.

They took turns hugging Armaan and Riddhima.

"Waise kehne ki zarurat toh nahi hai, lekin Riddhu ka khayal rakhna, samjha?" Rahul asked Armaan.

Armaan just shook his head, grinning and nodded, pulling Rahul into a tight hug.

Rahul then moved to Riddhima, hugging her tightly and whispering to her for sometime. It looked like he was giving her instructions as to what to do because they could see Riddhima nodding continuously. Armaan's heart warmed on seeing the affection between the two. It was obvious that they had become a really important part of each other's lives in the past year. It was absolutely adorable to see Rahul worry about Riddhima's well - being so much.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें