Chapter One Hundred & Two

Previously On...

Armaan & Muskaan drop RidRahul off at the airport. Rahul soothes Riddhima's worries. Armaan starts planning a surprise for Riddhima with Anjali's help.

Chapter 102

"Are you absolutely sure?" Rahul asked Riddhima. The two of them were standing at the gates of the Mallik Residence in Delhi. Rahul felt awkward arriving the way they had, without any prior notice. 

"Of course, Rahul! It's a surprise. Kisi ko bataa ke surprise thodi dete hain!" Riddhima replied. "Relax. It's just mom and dad. Woh humein dekhke khush hi honge. Aur bilkul awkward nahi hoga."

"Fine," he sighed. "If you say so. Lekin agar awkward hua toh main hotel mein shift ho jaunga."

"Haan, baba. Theek hai! Chale jaana. But abhi ke liye thoda relax kar!" She said. Turning, she rang the doorbell. 

The two of them waited patiently for someone to get the door. Well, Riddhima did anyway. Rahul fidgeted some more. For all the times he just showed up at Armaan's house and stayed there as if he owned it, he was really uncomfortable doing that with his parents. It was true that he'd always had fun hanging out with them, ever since he'd met them (awkward shenanigans not included) and it had been pleasant getting to know them better while planning Armaan & Riddhima's engagement, but there was still that hesitance present. 

But, of course, Riddhima had no such qualms. Despite everything that had happened, or maybe because of it, Armaan & Riddhima behaved like a married couple already. And Rahul felt that in the truest sense of the word, both Billy Uncle & Annie Aunty had already accepted Riddhima into their fold. For all four of them, the actual wedding was just a societal norm that they had to fulfil to bring Riddhima home. She already was family for them. Already a Mallik. The thought warmed his heart. He was so happy that Riddhima had found such a loving family on top of such a loving partner. She deserved it. 

He wished that he and his family could be for Muskaan what the Malliks were for Riddhima. If they were successful to a tenth of that, he’d be a very happy man. He knew his parents were amazing, and were happy for him and Muskaan, but he was still skeptical about them accepting her as wholeheartedly as the Malliks had accepted Riddhima. The Indian mindset was such that the in-laws took very long to accept their daughters - in - law as part of their family, especially so in case of a love marriage. He hoped the fact that Muskaan had also been his parents first choice for him would help, but with Indian parents, especially mothers, you could never be sure. 

Still, he hoped. So far, things had been going good. His parents had spoken to Muskaan a few times since they'd gotten together and all the conversations had been pleasant, if a little awkward. He knew that Muskaan had discussed this with Riddhima because even she admired the relationship Riddhima had with the Mallik parents. There was also the fact that Riddhima knew his parents really well and could provide insights to her. Which, he supposed she had. It really warmed his heart to see Muskaan and Riddhima interact. He'd always hoped his life partner would share a very great relationship with his little sister. After his Chutki had passed away, he'd never thought that would be possible. But now, with Riddhima in his life, so unexpectedly filling part of the void that Chutki had left behind, he'd started dreaming again. Muskaan & Riddhima had always been close and Rahul had admired their friendship, but this was different. To him, it was a pretty significant difference even if others didn't see it. 

And, he’d seen them fall into that relationship pretty seamlessly after they’d returned from Goa. It was the little things, that he didn’t think anyone else noticed. The way Muskaan would hug Riddhima just a little tighter every morning, and throw Rahul a smile as she did it. The way Riddhima would crib about not having enough time with Muskaan. The way Riddhima would randomly bring Muskaan her favourite lunch, or how Muskaan would buy Riddhima stuff for no reason. They both somehow just knew that their relationship was different now. They weren’t just best friends. They were sisters. And for that, he was so happy.

I'll Love You Longer Than Foreverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें