Chapter 2 - I'm Sorry

[Correlates with Chapter 4-6 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

"Why did you make that poor girl come with us?" Johnson asked me as we drove to our next location.

"Because she wanted to come to our house, that's her problem" I said with a shrug. "You have to turn there." I said pointed at the street coming up to our left.

"Why did you pull her away from the party?" Hunter asked me.

"Why am I being interrogated?" I asked back. Hunter laughed.

"It's just a question." He said back to me.

"I don't know" I said and again shrugged.

"Is it because she's pretty?" Kade asked laughing getting a chuckle from Johnson. I glared over at him.

"No. She was just being bitchy maybe I wanted to be an asshole." I said looking straight ahead at the street.

"She's actually really sweet. I used to date her best friend." Hunter told us.

"Gigi?" Johnson asked him.

"Yup" He answered.

"So you both know her?" I asked Hunter and Kade as I looked back at them from the front seat.

"Yup" Hunter repeated.

"A little bit. Only because we have a class together." Kade answered. I didn't say anything as I looked back at the road.

The subject changed thank god, but I kept quiet as I thought about the way I'm going to beat the living shit out of the guy we are about to see. If he doesn't have any money for me, it's game over for him.

A few minutes passed and we pulled up to an empty street that only had this guys car on it. We parked up and I quickly put my gun in my back pocket as I stepped out of the car.

"Sup Angelo" I said as we walked closer to him. I heard the rest of the car pull up behind me. I know there were a few minutes behind since they had Ronnie and Bates in the car. Angelo was already shaking.

"I don't have it." He quickly said.

"Excuse me?" I asked stepping a little closer.

"I don't have it. I'm sorry" he repeated himself.

"Just give us the money, Angelo!" I yelled at him. I don't care if he empties out his back account right now. I want every cent this man has.

"McCann I-I don't have all of it-" he stuttered.

"Well get it!" I yelled and pulled my gun out. I slowly walked over to him, extending my arm and made sure to point my gun almost against his head.

"Jason stop!" I heard a girls voice yell. Mackenzie. You have to be fucking kidding.

"What are you doing?" I heard Kade yell at her. I slowly turned my head to her and glared. Someone better shut her up.

"Stop don't shoot anyone!" She said loudly for me to hear from where she is standing. I let out a laugh. I plan on killing Angelo or at least beating the absolute living shit out of him and now that I think about it, I don't want her to witness it and go to the police. I looked at Johnson who's standing behind me. I roughly handed him the gun and leaned closer to him.