Chapter 44 - Away From Home

[Correlates with Chapter 10-12 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

"I'll be okay Jase" Mackenzie said since I wouldn't let her go. I sighed.

"I know I know" I'm leaving now for three days and I'm just worried about her. We're in the living room and Johnson should be here any second now to get me. And I was right when I heard a car horn. He's here.

"Alright I love you, Angel. Call me when ever you want, but if I don't answer I'm-" she cut me off.

"Doing the work, I know" She finished what I was going to say. I chuckled. Then kissed her softly. "Call me when you land please"

"I will. Don't worry about me okay?" I said and she nodded. "I have to go. I love you baby" I said and kissed her once more. I put my sunglasses on now.

"I love you too. Be safe please" She said and I nodded then kissed her cheek. I can't stop kissing her. I grabbed my bag and opened the front door. I quickly went to the car before Johnson flips out on me. As I got to the van, Johnson jumped out.

"Yo." I said to him.

"Hey man. I have shit back here to show you." He told me as he opened the back of the van.

"Alright." I said as I watched him zip open his bag. He grabbed a shirt that was wrapped in a ball. It was a stack of bills. "Hundreds?" I asked him.

"Obviously." He replied back as he put it back.

"Cool" I mumbled back. He grabbed my bag and placed it behind his.

"You ready?" He asked me and I nodded. "Okay let's go." He said then headed for the drivers side again. I looked over at the house to see Mackenzie at the door watching. I took off my glasses and winked at her. She smiled at me now. She waved so I waved back then got into the van. We instantly drove off. "You know she's going to be fine right?"

"Yeah. I know." I said back without looking at him.

"And the guys are there if she needs anything." He added.

"I know." Was all I said back.

***

We have been in our hotel room for a few hours now planning tomorrow and getting shit ready. Johnson's just finishing up trying to find one more location for tomorrow.

So I'm just sitting here trying to text Mackenzie, but she's not answering. So I texted her a few minutes ago trying to get her attention by saying, 'I need your help'. She's going to kill me, but she'll be fine. I went to put my phone down, but she texted me back finally.

______
Jason: hey babe
Jason: yooooo
Jason: I need your help

Me: what's wrong ??

Jason: nothing I'm just bored

Me: You scared me fool

Jason: sorry babe I had too I'm sooo bored

Me: aren't you suppose to be working

Jason: yeah but Johnsons doing everything right now. It's nothing serious
Jason: FaceTime?
______

She read my text, but then started to FaceTime me. I answered and saw her smile.

"Hey" I said softly.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.