Chapter 50 - Attacked

[Correlates with Chapter 26-28 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

"I feel weird, man." I mumbled to Travis as I shook my head.

"What do you mean?" He asked me. I'm at home hanging out with Travis.

"I don't know." I said shaking my head again. "Kind of like something is wrong."

"That's fucking weird." He said looking at me concerned.

"I know."

"Should I call Johnson and see if he's good?" He asked me. Johnson had to go out of town tonight for two days for a family thing. Sometimes I forget he has a little family left. I went to answer until my phone started to ring. I looked down at my phone that's laying on the table and saw Mackenzie calling me.

"Hold on" I quickly said to Travis. "Hey babe." I answered the call.

"J-Jason where are you?" She asked sounding scared. I sat up straight.

"I'm home. Why? Are you okay? You don't sound good" I asked as I started to get worried. I heard her take a deep shaky breath. My bad gut feeling must be about her. She wasn't answering me. "Angel?"

"C-can you come to my work? I'm in the parking lot" Her tone was quiet now. I could tell she's been crying.

"Yes of course. What happened?" I stood up from my seat quickly and started to slide of my shoes on while trying to keep my phone to my ear.

"I'm sitting by my car. Y-you'll see me" She said then I heard her let out a cry. My heart started to race. I felt for my car keys in my pocket. They aren't there. They are probably by the door. "I'll see you soon." She said then hung up on me.

"I-I gotta go" I told Travis as I rushed to the front door.

"What's wrong?" He asked me as he followed me. I grabbed my car keys quickly.

"I don't know. She just called me crying. She didn't say what happened." I told him as I opened the door and we both walked out.

"Need me to come with?" He asked quickly as we got to my car.

"Nah, but if anything I'll call you." I told him before getting into my car without hearing his answer. I never left my drive way so quickly. She was crying so hard. She sounded scared. I don't know why she couldn't tell me what happened.

My mind thought of so many different things that could have happened. I'm speeding so fast. I need to be with her. I need to know what the hell happened and that she's going to be okay.

After the longest ten minutes of my life, I finally got there. I threw my car into park so fast and jumped out of the car. She was sitting on the ground with her face in her hands.

"Mackenzie what happened?!" I asked her as I rushed over to her. She looked up at me and tried to stand up. I grabbed her arms and helped her up. Only to see a big bruise on her face. "Why the fuck do you have a huge bruise on your face?" I asked getting angry. Who would do this to her? She was holding back her tears. And she looks in shock. "Angel, what happened?" I asked again

"I-I don't k-know" She said as she was gripping onto my jacket tightly. My poor girl. She's scared to death.

"Who did this to you?" I asked as I didn't remove my hands from her arms.

"I don't know" She repeated. "H-he came out of no where and started s-saying things and I-I was so confused and-" She stopped as she started to cry.

"You couldn't figure out who it was?" I asked and she shook her head. "It's okay babygirl. You're alright now. I got you" I assured her as he held her now. I wrapped one arm around her and placed my other hand on her head as she laid it on my chest. She was shaking so bad. I will kill whoever did this. "Come on let's get you in my car" I said as I pulled away. She nodded so I wrapped my arm around her waist as I walked her to my car.