Chapter 60 - A Gut Feeling

[Correlates with Chapter 50-52 of Fell For The Criminal. Book 2]

Things have been good. Better than I thought they would be. Everything is back to normal. It took a little, but we are happy.

Expect today, I forgot my god damn key. I never keep it on my car keys because I take a different car sometimes so I have a bunch of different set of keys I carry around. But I rushed out of the house today so I must have forgotten.

I started to walk to the front door as I called Mackenzie. She has to let me in.

"Hi" She answered.

"Hey I'm home and my dumbass forgot my key" I told her.

"Okay I'll be right down" She said then hung up. Gigis car is in the driveway. They've been hanging out a lot to make up for lost time. After almost a minute of me standing here, the door opened. I smiled at my wife only to frown when I saw her red cheeks and eyes. She's been crying.

"What's going on? What's wrong?" I asked as I walked in.

"I'm going to go, but call me later please girl" Gigi said to her then hugged her. She gave me a forced smile and walked out. What the hell is happening.

"Can you please tell me?" I asked her. She wiped a tear that fell.

"Well I had Gigi come over and I took a test. A pregnancy test. This morning I thought I was pregnant" She said then laughed. Oh my god. "But I'm not. I'm not pregnant" It made me sad to see her sad over this. I quickly pulled her into a hug. She held onto me tightly. I kissed the top of her head. A baby... imagine if she was pregnant. Things would change so much. I never once thought about being a father till honestly when we got married. That thought scares me because who knows if I would be a good dad. But her being the mother to my children is everything.

"I'm sorry babygirl" I quietly said to her. I think if the test was positive, we would be happy. We don't really talk about it, but she seems upset over the fact that it was negative.

"I'm fine" She said as she pulled away. I looked down at her as she stood there in front of me. She would probably be so cute pregnant. I do hope to see that one day. A baby that is ours. Wow. She laid her head back on my chest so I held her again. She's not fine. And that's okay. At least I know this is something she wants. Whenever. So if it accidentally happens, it will be okay. I hope. Even if it might be dangerous, we could make it work.

***

"No" Mackenzie groaned and gripped into my arm tighter. I chuckled. We are sitting on the couch and I just explained a crazy mission that might happen soon.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's dangerous" She said frowning. Her cute little frown made me smile. She worries too much.

"Babe, my whole life is dangerous"

"True" She giggled then shrugged. I gave her a quick kiss.

"But I have an idea for this weekend" I said. She nodded for me to tell her. "I agreed to go with Justin to New York and I want you to come with me and we can stay at the lake house all weekend" I told her.

"Alright yeah. That sounds nice" She agreed. "Yay!" I laughed at her. Not yay. Justin is making me go to our sisters grave. He wouldn't leave me alone about it. All day every day. So I gave in.