Chapter 27 - You Know I Love You Right?

[Correlates with Chapter 64-65 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I woke up early as fuck and hung over as fuck. I'm out with the guys now, but this morning I woke up at Mackenzie's. I remember going to her house after the club, but after I got into her house, I don't remember a single thing. I blacked out. I was so drunk. I hope I didn't do anything stupid.

I pulled out my phone and texted her and pretty much right away I got a response.

______
Me: are you awake

Mackenzie: yes

Me: good I think I'm gonna come back over in a little

Mackenzie: no I'm going to the mall with some friends. I can text you later

Me: oh okay call me later
______

That was kind of weird. Maybe I did something last night. Nah, I think she would have told me already. Whatever. I don't know.

"Yo are you ready?" I heard Kade ask me. I put my phone down and nodded.

"Yeah let's go"

***

After Kade and I finished what we had to do for the gang, we decided we wanted to go eat. We just sat down a few minutes ago, but ordered our food right away.

"I could eat a bunch of wings right now." Kade said to me.

"Same, bro. I'm starving." I said back to him.

"Bro" He said getting my attention again. I looked up at him. "Is that your girl?" He asked me and pointed. I looked over my shoulder and saw her sitting with Gigi eating and talking.

"Yup" I said then chuckled.

"That's so crazy." He said back. How do I always see her everywhere?

"I'm going to call her and mess with her" I said with a little smirk as I pulled my phone from my pocket. I went to her contact and started to call her. I looked over my shoulder to see her again. I saw her look at her phone and decline my call. My smirk dropped and I slowly put down my phone.

"She denied the call?" I heard Kade ask me. I looked over at him and nodded. That just pissed me off. Why is she ignoring me?

"I know what will get her attention." I said then as a waitress started to pass by I quickly said, "Excuse me" She stopped and looked over at me.

"How can I help you?" She asked me.

"You see those beautiful ladies over there" I said then pointed at Mackenzie and Gigi. The lady looked then nodded as she looked back at me. "I would like to pay their bill for them" I said as I started to pull out my wallet.

"Awe okay sure thing." She said back. I handed her my card. She smiled then walked away.

"I would have walked over there and asked what was up with that." Kade said to me and I shrugged.

"Nah, I think I might have did something wrong last night." I told him.

"Old Jason would have walked over there anyway." He said and I chuckled.

"You're right." I said back nodding.

"You really don't remember anything? You blacked out that bad?" He asked me.

"Yeah, man." I said nodding again. "She texted me back earlier, but besides that she hasn't texted me all day. Which is weird for her." I told him.

"At least you know she's with Gigi." He said back.