Chapter 78 - Christmas

[Correlates with Chapter 26-27 After The Runaway. Book 3]

I made it to the house safely. Drew was so surprised. And Andrea was happy to see me. She said she was letting Mackenzie sleep. I've been here for about thirty minutes now. Andrea is on the couch with the tv quietly on. They even have the fire place on already. Drew is sitting in front of the fire. And I'm standing here because I just can't sit still right now. I just can't wait to see Mackenzie. I really hope I could make things right. I mean, me coming here is a big deal.

"Mommy look who's here!" Drew yelled. I didn't even hear her walk down the stairs. I turned around her saw her cute confused face. I gave her a small smile.

"Merry Christmas, Angel" I said to her. She started to smile which is a great sign. She's probably so confused that I'm here.

"Hi" She said and laughed a bit. I think it's the shock. I took some steps until I reached her.

"I couldn't miss Christmas" I told her. For a second, she said nothing. It worried me. Until she wrapped her arms around me. I was quick to wrap my arms around her. I held her to me tightly.

"Merry Christmas" I heard her say. I kissed the side of her head. She pulled away and looked up at me now.  "I thought this was too dangerous?" She asked and I shrugged.

"What's one day going to do? I know how to be lowkey" I said smiling at her again. She playfully rolled her eyes with a smile then walked over to Drew.

"We waited for you to wake up so we can open presents together" Drew told her. He's been waiting so patiently.

"Awe thank you. Go ahead and open them" She said to him as she leaned down and kissed the top of his head. As she sat with her mom, I sat on the floor now next to Drew. He excitedly started to open presents.

I'm so happy to be with him right now. If I missed this, I would have never let myself forget it. It would probably bother me for a very very long time. I never want anything between Mackenzie and I to affect Drew in any way. I can't let that ever happen.

***

"Wow I can't believe she still has this" Mackenzie said about an ornament as we stood by the tree.

"Can we talk real quick?" I asked her. She looked at me and nodded. We haven't had a full conversation about what happened. It's not awkward, but it's going to bug me until we talk.

"Want to go upstairs?" She asked, but since her mom and Drew were at the kitchen table coloring and busy, I shook my head no.

"I know I already apologized, but I know I should again. I'm sorry. I know I'm not easy to deal with. Some times I don't know why you love me. Or why you care. I know it hurts when I push you away. I've made plenty and plenty of mistakes. You are the only one who holds my heart. Besides Drew of course." I stopped and chuckled. She giggled a little. I put my hands on her face softly and said, "You take me for who I am, no matter how terrible I could be. You were always there for me. For eight fucking years. You stayed right by my side. When everyone doubted me, you believed in me. You see the best in me. It amazes me how strong you are. And how you didn't run away. I just want us to be okay. I just want to hear you say you still aren't going anywhere. I'm grateful for you, Angel. Always." I ranted to her. Everything I felt, I told her it all. I knew I had to be really open and honest. She shook her head.